Quaxo76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
I tried updating my games (n3DS XL with latest Luma). The games are the correct region, and I thought this meant I could update both from the launch page, and from the eShop.
But 3 of the games would not download the update, with the error 005-2008.
I tried updating them from the shop, and it failed with error 007-2920, and then the game got "stuck" in that from the home screen, I could see the game icon, but trying to launch it it would show an update screen, and I couldn't play it.
I then tried deleting the title with FBI (I also deleted any unused tickets) and now in place of the game icon, I get the yellow present icon... and if I try to open it, I get the update screen, which then fails with 005-8024.
What happened? What did I do wrong, and how do I fix this? I have no save data for these games, so it's OK to delete and reinstall them, but I can't see how (they're not in the Titles list that FBI shows).
And even if I can reinstall them, I would still like to update them: Why did it fail, since the region is correct?

Thanks,
Cristian

EDIT: I managed to remove the icon with the partial download from the home screen. Now I'm in the process of re-uploading the CIAs to the 3ds using ftp, so it's going to take a while. Then I'll try to reinstall them, after deleting unused tickets, and report back.

Last edited by Quaxo76,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I'll be able to help, but I deleted the wrong update for Super Mario Maker 3D yesterday. I deleted just the update and its ticket. I didn't have a problem with the game. it was nagging me to update, and it also failed when updating from the eshop despite the region of the region free game originally being USA. I don't know if it being region free lead to the error or if the eshop is no longer hosting updates or what happened exactly. instead, I looked for update (in this case 1.05), installed it for USA. the update nag is gone, game works as I tested it. save data also works. I'd say maybe reinstall the game to see if the present turns into the game. updates shouldn't cause that screen to appear afaik.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I did delete the update via fbi as well, just like you did, right? just the update, not the game itself. I originally deleted the game, but i did it through system settings. I then ftp'd a new game and update. it worked no problem. it was still the same game as what I originally had: a region free Super Mario Maker 3D. the update or outdated update was the problem. I actually had no update for the game, I don't think, unless the original update was replaced when I installed the new one.

Quaxo76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, I deleted everything and reinstalled the game. I double checked that the region of the game is the same as the console (EUR). Same problem: the title page says there's an update, but if I try to download it, there's a 005-2008 error. The games run fine without the update.
The games affected are VVVVVV and Resident Evil Revelations. It's not a big problem having to press A twice to run the game, but it adversely affects my OCD... :)

Cristian

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here, I had to look for super mario maker 3d 1.05 update without knowing what the latest was. there's a lot for 1.04. when I installed that one, it still asked for an update. you may have to scour the internet for those updates. all 100 or so games I have installed are updated. I even dumped my entire gba collection using gba backup tool and converted them to vc. everything seems to be perfect now, so I made a backup last Saturday. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I found my update on youtube in a Spanish language channel. there was a link to it. works without issue as no update nag, and the game works. fbi recognizes it as well in titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...