Street Fighter 4 gameplay VIDEO

  • Thread starter Thread starter BoneMonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,960
  • Replies Replies 37
im a massive sf fan i can say that the gameplay looks good for a game thats about 5% complete. think what any game would be like at 5% i wouldnt look ground breaking or anything just let capcom creat the game then judge it when its done.
 
they've sold themselves into the hype business..
they really shouldn't be showing shit when they're "approximately 5%" done


and well, looks like the animation isn't canned, plus they've done away with parrying, so it's an absolute failure to me already.
just a matter of time until they confirm strafing and everyone else should
 
they've sold themselves into the hype business..
they really shouldn't be showing shit when they're "approximately 5%" done


and well, looks like the animation isn't canned, plus they've done away with parrying, so it's an absolute failure to me already.
just a matter of time until they confirm strafing and everyone else should

They have a new system called the revenge/save system to replace parry. It'll be interesting how it plays out.

There won't be any strafing, gameplay is strictly 2D.

Edit: People calling this the new street fighter ex are quick to judge just because it is using 3d visuals. This is far from ex - characters don't appear to be as floaty.
 
the animation in nsmb wasn't (as) important to the gameplay

umm..ok can't you say the same to sfiv?
absolutely not

any SF buff can tell you one of the most important parts of street fighter is reading your opponent, and the 2d animation aides that greatly with 100% readability.
you can tell exactly when and where they've changed stances, and exactly when and where they're transitioning.
and unless the animation in SFIV is 100% canned (it isn't) the same true gameplay is not possible.

Yes I'm also pissed off about the graphics being 3D purely because of the aesthetic differences, but the main thing that pisses me off is how much this changes the gameplay.
I know to 1-up readers, 2d gameplay means "only left and right lol" but it simply isn't that simple.



and the stupid camera angles do nothing more than say
let me show you my 3d
 
the animation in nsmb wasn't (as) important to the gameplay

umm..ok can't you say the same to sfiv?
absolutely not

any SF buff can tell you one of the most important parts of street fighter is reading your opponent, and the 2d animation aides that greatly with 100% readability.
you can tell exactly when and where they've changed stances, and exactly when and where they're transitioning.

haha no need for that explaination im a SF buff myself i admit. i don't know any other way to prove it - but do you play on ggpo? I'll admit when i first saw the video it gave a 3d impression, however i think it's the weird angle it's set up compared to chun li's classic stage.

it's going to be a while, but im keeping my faith in capcom.

Edit: grammar
 
hope they improve it alot, cause i am not happy at all with the animation and visual style. its clunky, and super ugly.
 
I think it looks cool.

I wish they wold come out with a GOOD mortal kombat. Where the characters look real like the first 2-3. not the cartoony stuff. Maybe go back to 2D with 360/ps3 style graphics.
 
I think it looks good. At this point we are lucky to even be getting another Street Fighter game, since it's been dead for a -LONG- time. It's very cool of Capcom if you ask me.
 
Aww crap, this is Street Fighter EX in high resolution =(
Check the GDC videos at GameTrailers.com

This is all Hadrian's fault... =(
 
I'm looking forward to it. But the original teaser trailer looked a lot more promising, I thought they were going to take it in a completely new graphical direction, but yeah, the gameplay videos do look a bit like EX. I hope they polish it a lot more and give it more of that nice brushed ink effect in game.
 
I like the graphic much better than the getting old cell-shading. but character design can surely be improved.
 
Ill just stick with the classic street figher games, they dont really get boring to me, especially marvel v capcom 2 on dreamcast, a classic
 
QUOTE said:
In the beginning I was excited, but the more I see of this game, the less interested I become. At first I thought it was headed in the right direction, but now I'm not so sure. First off, the visuals: unlike many people I don't think it needs 2D sprite-based visuals to be a Street Fighter game, but what they settled on is just... ew.

Actually I watched the video on youtube and I was like meh!

But the picture you posted looks more like Wow! Is that a gameplay picture?

Well it sure looks more like SFIII than SF EX. I'm not really impress yet though. It should not have taken them that long to come up with this.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted