Street Fighter 4 gameplay VIDEO

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im a massive sf fan i can say that the gameplay looks good for a game thats about 5% complete. think what any game would be like at 5% i wouldnt look ground breaking or anything just let capcom creat the game then judge it when its done.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
they've sold themselves into the hype business..
they really shouldn't be showing shit when they're "approximately 5%" done

and well, looks like the animation isn't canned, plus they've done away with parrying, so it's an absolute failure to me already.
just a matter of time until they confirm strafing and everyone else should

wiki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they've sold themselves into the hype business..
they really shouldn't be showing shit when they're "approximately 5%" done

and well, looks like the animation isn't canned, plus they've done away with parrying, so it's an absolute failure to me already.
just a matter of time until they confirm strafing and everyone else should

They have a new system called the revenge/save system to replace parry. It'll be interesting how it plays out.

There won't be any strafing, gameplay is strictly 2D.

Edit: People calling this the new street fighter ex are quick to judge just because it is using 3d visuals. This is far from ex - characters don't appear to be as floaty.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
the animation in nsmb wasn't (as) important to the gameplay

umm..ok can't you say the same to sfiv?
absolutely not

any SF buff can tell you one of the most important parts of street fighter is reading your opponent, and the 2d animation aides that greatly with 100% readability.
you can tell exactly when and where they've changed stances, and exactly when and where they're transitioning.
and unless the animation in SFIV is 100% canned (it isn't) the same true gameplay is not possible.

Yes I'm also pissed off about the graphics being 3D purely because of the aesthetic differences, but the main thing that pisses me off is how much this changes the gameplay.
I know to 1-up readers, 2d gameplay means "only left and right lol" but it simply isn't that simple.

and the stupid camera angles do nothing more than say
let me show you my 3d

wiki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the animation in nsmb wasn't (as) important to the gameplay

umm..ok can't you say the same to sfiv?
absolutely not

any SF buff can tell you one of the most important parts of street fighter is reading your opponent, and the 2d animation aides that greatly with 100% readability.
you can tell exactly when and where they've changed stances, and exactly when and where they're transitioning.

haha no need for that explaination im a SF buff myself i admit. i don't know any other way to prove it - but do you play on ggpo? I'll admit when i first saw the video it gave a 3d impression, however i think it's the weird angle it's set up compared to chun li's classic stage.

it's going to be a while, but im keeping my faith in capcom.

Edit: grammar

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope they improve it alot, cause i am not happy at all with the animation and visual style. its clunky, and super ugly.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it looks cool.

I wish they wold come out with a GOOD mortal kombat. Where the characters look real like the first 2-3. not the cartoony stuff. Maybe go back to 2D with 360/ps3 style graphics.

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it looks good. At this point we are lucky to even be getting another Street Fighter game, since it's been dead for a -LONG- time. It's very cool of Capcom if you ask me.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Aww crap, this is Street Fighter EX in high resolution =(
Check the GDC videos at GameTrailers.com

This is all Hadrian's fault... =(

pubjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking forward to it. But the original teaser trailer looked a lot more promising, I thought they were going to take it in a completely new graphical direction, but yeah, the gameplay videos do look a bit like EX. I hope they polish it a lot more and give it more of that nice brushed ink effect in game.

Austinz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ill just stick with the classic street figher games, they dont really get boring to me, especially marvel v capcom 2 on dreamcast, a classic

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
In the beginning I was excited, but the more I see of this game, the less interested I become. At first I thought it was headed in the right direction, but now I'm not so sure. First off, the visuals: unlike many people I don't think it needs 2D sprite-based visuals to be a Street Fighter game, but what they settled on is just... ew.

Actually I watched the video on youtube and I was like meh!

But the picture you posted looks more like Wow! Is that a gameplay picture?

Well it sure looks more like SFIII than SF EX. I'm not really impress yet though. It should not have taken them that long to come up with this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Materia_tofu, she is autistic and she is interested in that stuff