Streaming PS3 games to my PC?

Deleted member 648108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey!
I've been wondering about a way to stream my PS3 game footage to my PC. I'm running Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.1, and evilnat PS3 for context.
Is there a homebrew application that can do this?
Thanks!

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool cool. I'll look into capture cards, I've got 0 experience with them xD
The cheap no-name-brand $10 to $20 HDMI capture cards work, but don't expect anything great from them.

They can't do 1080p60 (at most 1080p30) and can only do mono audio on Windows iirc. They also tend to overheat and die. You'll also need an HDMI splitter (some work, some don't - do research on this yourself) to bypass HDCP (copy protection for HDMI) since the PS3 always outputs it.

You can also try Remote Play, but.... it doesn't work well...
https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Remote_Play#Remote_Play_with_Playstation_3

Deleted member 648108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
The cheap no-name-brand $10 to $20 HDMI capture cards work, but don't expect anything great from them.

They can't do 1080p60 (at most 1080p30) and can only do mono audio on Windows iirc. They also tend to overheat and die. You'll also need an HDMI splitter (some work, some don't - do research on this yourself) to bypass HDCP (copy protection for HDMI) since the PS3 always outputs it.

You can also try Remote Play, but.... it doesn't work well...
https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Remote_Play#Remote_Play_with_Playstation_3
I remember trying remote play pre-hacking with my old psvita. Could barely get any games to work xD

That's good to know. I'll look into capture cards that work better on Linux, I'm not downloading a windows emulator just to stream games for friends lmao. Thanks for the heads up!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1