Hardware Strange system files on my EZ Flash Omega?

Reyth53

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this ez flash omega cart for a while now and its been working just fine, until yesterday my emerald save wouldnt load anymore, I'd just get a white screen. Other games are fine, but when I went into the files on my computer, the saver folder has these weird files with symbols I've never seen before, some of them are unopenable folders, one of them is a system file, and I can't delete, move, or even open any of them. Help??

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've had this ez flash omega cart for a while now and its been working just fine, until yesterday my emerald save wouldnt load anymore, I'd just get a white screen. Other games are fine, but when I went into the files on my computer, the saver folder has these weird files with symbols I've never seen before, some of them are unopenable folders, one of them is a system file, and I can't delete, move, or even open any of them. Help??
The card is corrupted, maybe faulty. Format and start again. You can try data recovery software like GetDataBack to get the files off it before formatting.

Reactions: Reyth53

Reyth53

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card is corrupted, maybe faulty. Format and start again. You can try data recovery software like GetDataBack to get the files off it before formatting.

Thanks for the help! Do you know what could have possibly caused it so I can avoid that in the future?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the help! Do you know what could have possibly caused it so I can avoid that in the future?
Well you may want to scan the card with h2testw to make sure there is nothing obviously wrong with it: https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html
There is a decent chance the card has just gone faulty.
It might also be a random software glitch in the Omega firmware, you can't do much about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8