Hacking Strange problem with waninkoko's software and other apps

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had wad manager 1.3 for a while, it worked perfectly, but now about a week ago this started happening, now it happens with basically any software by waninkoko, just update my cIOS38 to rev12, wii is at 3.2U. Wads install no problem, the programs actually even work, its just for some reason the text on the screen does not change properly. For example on the first screen where it says press A to continue, i press A but the text does not change on the screen. The program is at the select source device, but it just will not change. I honestly did not make any changes to the wii before this started happening. The first time it happened was when I had a wad for the gamecube backup launcher to install, it did this and i bugged for a second i thought i may have had a bad wad. so i pressed home like crazy and got the hell out of there, but after that wad manager's been all ugly like this. 1.4 and 1.3 both do this, i've tried both. also IOS downgrader does this, as well as the cIOS36 installer. Its basically all of waninkoko's apps.
I made a movie showing it, its in .3gp off my phone, as well as two pics to give you an idea of whats happening. any ideas?

link for images: http://img268.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=053009200700.jpg
link for video: http://rapidshare.com/files/239070271/0530092013-00.3gp.html

by the way, hackmii installer states i have no vulnerable IOS's so i cannot uprgade my HBC, any correlation between the two issues here?

anyregion changer's text is all screwed up as well, this is really ridiculous, i dont understand why these programs are screwing up. only thing ive changed in the past few weeks is installing preloader .29, but this was happening before i installed it. i've got the ios 38, 53, 55 installed as well, but again everything was functioning properly after they were installed.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not positive on this, but isn't preloader .29 meant for 4.0? As for the no vulnerable IOS's thing, have you installed CIOSCORP on your wii?

And I don't quite get what you meant you did with the gamecube backup launcher wad. You had it exit out of it while it was installing it by spamming home?

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no the wad manager was all crazy looking so i didn't install the file and hit home to exit back to wii menu. its all text based programs that do not display the text properly. also softchip boots but it does not display any text only the help text by pressing 2 on the remote. this all started after softchip got screwed. i installed softchip via a wad file, and it worked great. then one day i went to boot it and nothing. just a black screen, the program is functioning, as i can change it to autoboot and such, but the screen is completely black.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to use the hackmii installer you need ios36 from nintendo with original trucha bug in it, u have cioscorp installed. Use nus downloader and get ios36 from a game u own , use wad manager to install the clean ios36, install bootmii + hbc + dvdx then install the ios36 from cioscorp pack with wad manager again for disc channel loading
smile.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what everyone is stating, I've never installed cIOSCORP!! I cannot load any backups from the disc channel, i don't care to do so. Anyway, I resolved the problem by updating to 4.0 using the official nintendo update. Its funny how not devastating the upgrade from nintendo was...probably gonna downgrade sometime in the near future though, gotta thoroughly use SD channel and see how i like it.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if cioscorp is NOT installed use ios downgrader, can't believe no one answered with that......
also if you're still having troble with wanin's apps or any apps that use cios for that matter go back to cios36 rev10 or 9 nothing has really "improved" so much as some stuff has broken in the latest cios revisions.
example: 12 - 13b i can't get dvd dumper to work.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the problem, all the apps by waninkoko couldn't be used, the only app that worked was wad manager, but it still only functioned partially. IOS did not work at all, it booted up said "OK!" then i got the press a to continue screen, and reset wii once i pressed A. This is just reference now if anyone else encounters these problems like i did. I still never found out what the root of the problem was, but I think it was IOS36.

psx10k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Had the same problem here too.

Was on firmware 3.3v1U and everything was fine (WAD Manager 1.4 text had no problems).

Installed cIOS36rev10 and cIOS38rev13b no problem, then, intermittently, WAD Manager 1.4 text would be all messed up. Text for cIOS installers was messed up too.

Rolled-backed to clean 3.3v1U NAND backup (bootmii), and problem disappear. Did this a few times, and finally got updated to 4.0U, cIOS38rev13b, and IOS60trucha, and seems WAD Manager 1.4 test is ok. Guess this might be by chance though?

Seems like maybe the cIOS38rev13b is the problem (I'm going to install 14 when it gets released).

kajkajkaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is caused by too high a number of tickets on the console. Run a format from the system menu and things should work again. (Remember to backup Miis, savegames etc.)
Henceforth use AnyTitle Deleter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly