Hacking Storing in root and DLDI patching

Judge_doom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In many homebrew games, you have to store something or another in the root segment. I have no idea where it is on a SANDISK 2GB... Can anyone help?

As for DLDI patching, I know it's mandatory for some games, but do I need to patch ALL of them?

Many thanks.
yaynds.gif

Spaceman016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
errr im trying to understand ur question
are you asking what the "root" segment is????

If you are its very simple. if something asks you to store a file in the ROOT folder it just means NO folder
just open ur card and store it on there. not in a folder

Actually hard to explain in text if that doesnt make sense or i have your question wrong reply to thread

Ive only ownd my ez-flash V for a few days and havent had to use DLDI patching yet, might be done auto on my card. but havent had to do it anyways

GL

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The root is the highest level of the card, like X:\ or R:\ or whatever letter your drive is.

DLDI patching is only needed for apps that need access to your card's filesystem. For instance, a text reader application would need DLDI patching while a standalone game wouldn't need it. Most modern slot-1 devices include automatic DLDI patching when you launch the game or app so you don't even need to worry about it.

Judge_doom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Spaceman! But if the files are stored in a folder, I dont need to remove them, do I?
DanTheManMS said:
The root is the highest level of the card, like X:\ or R:\ or whatever letter your drive is.

DLDI patching is only needed for apps that need access to your card's filesystem. For instance, a text reader application would need DLDI patching while a standalone game wouldn't need it. Most modern slot-1 devices include automatic DLDI patching when you launch the game or app so you don't even need to worry about it.
I dont think they do, but does the R4 include auto DLDI?

I think this is the last n00by section I need to clear up. YEY!
grog.gif

Judge_doom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ZML said:
Judge_doom said:
I dont think they do, but does the R4 include auto DLDI?

I think this is the last n00by section I need to clear up. YEY!
grog.gif

Yes, the R4 has auto DLDI patching.
grog.gif
WOOHOO! I could kiss everyone who helped me but that would cost a lot for travel and I have a 87.5% chance of being gay! Seriously I think thats the exact amount.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv