Storing in root and DLDI patching

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Judge_doom, Jun 8, 2008.

Jun 8, 2008
  1. Judge_doom
    OP

Newcomer Judge_doom Newbie

United Kingdom
    In many homebrew games, you have to store something or another in the root segment. I have no idea where it is on a SANDISK 2GB... Can anyone help?

As for DLDI patching, I know it's mandatory for some games, but do I need to patch ALL of them?

Many thanks. [​IMG]

2. Spaceman016

Newcomer Spaceman016 Advanced Member

United States
    errr im trying to understand ur question
    are you asking what the "root" segment is????

If you are its very simple. if something asks you to store a file in the ROOT folder it just means NO folder
    just open ur card and store it on there. not in a folder

Actually hard to explain in text if that doesnt make sense or i have your question wrong reply to thread

Ive only ownd my ez-flash V for a few days and havent had to use DLDI patching yet, might be done auto on my card. but havent had to do it anyways

GL

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The root is the highest level of the card, like X:\ or R:\ or whatever letter your drive is.

DLDI patching is only needed for apps that need access to your card's filesystem. For instance, a text reader application would need DLDI patching while a standalone game wouldn't need it. Most modern slot-1 devices include automatic DLDI patching when you launch the game or app so you don't even need to worry about it.

4. Judge_doom
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks Spaceman! But if the files are stored in a folder, I dont need to remove them, do I?
    I dont think they do, but does the R4 include auto DLDI?

I think this is the last n00by section I need to clear up. YEY! [​IMG]

5. Scathraax

Member Scathraax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, the R4 has auto DLDI patching. [​IMG]

6. Judge_doom
    OP

United Kingdom
    WOOHOO! I could kiss everyone who helped me but that would cost a lot for travel and I have a 87.5% chance of being gay! Seriously I think thats the exact amount.