Stopping the 11.3 nag screen...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by darkomen64, Feb 10, 2017.

1. darkomen64
    OP

darkomen64 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2011
    United States
    Is there any way to do this? normally i have the update servers blocked on my router.. but i unblocked them to install cfw using 3ds.guide .. anyways i forgot to reblock them not both my n3ds and o3ds have the nag screen... i would prefer not to update until everything is working.. (hbl gateway maybe).. hitting the button to close it isnt that big of a issue and i have both nand 11.2 backups of both of them.. but some times when my kid plays.. well i just dont what a accidental update..i know i would be able to downgrade via nand back up but it would be great to avoid the issue all togeather..

i did a search about this and the only thing i saw was soem recovery thing and turning off wifi and trying to update
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-delete-predownloaded-update-spotpass-nag-sysnand-only.381489/

and thats 2 years old.. so i was trying to see if there is a better way or something...

(if it matters both the n3ds an o3ds are running 6.6 luma with a8hl that was installed maybe 2 weeks ago)

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    That's still a viable solution. You can also delete "pending titles" with FBI to remove the nag. Either way you'll need to turn off Wi-Fi to avoid downloading it again and triggering the nag.

3. doughmay

doughmay GBATemp Certified Nothing

Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    The Temp
    You could always use ctr-httpwn to spoof your firmware to bypass firmware checks when going online or going into a game. That's all I have lol.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

4. darkomen64
    OP

darkomen64 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2011
    United States
    would i delete everything in the pending titles folder?

and couldnt i leave the wifi on having reactived the blocks on the update server on my router?

5. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Yeah of course.

6. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    How do you block updates from your router?

7. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    I have spot pass off and I don't get nag. I've always had it off so I don't know if that makes a difference

8. darkomen64
    OP

darkomen64 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2011
    United States
    Bryon15 likes this.
  9. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Blocking on the router works until you are not connected to your router and on other wifi. There are also those Nintendo Zones or whatever they are called that can nab you. The dang thing just automatically connects to them and downloads the updates. I go hit with one while traveling a couple of years ago.

FBI is your friend.