Hacking Question Stock Emunand not working

groovey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

I have an issue with setting up Emunand.
My Goal is to keep my clean Sysnand at FW 5.10 (to have the chance of warmboot into Atmosphere later on) and create an Emunand that I can update to 8.10 via Chuidournx to play games online/ use eshop.
I do not plan to run any backups.
However following issues come up for me. After creating an emuMMC parition via Hekate I can boot into this with the "CFW Emunand" option, see the hekate_ipl.ini for the configuration attached. However, for some reason I cannot boot with the "Stock Emunand" option and the switch screen just goes to black after the Nintendo logo and I need to restart.
What could be the reason for this behaviour? I already tried 2 different SD Card with the same issue.

Attachments

• hekate_ipl.zip
    513 bytes · Views: 151

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have an issue with setting up Emunand.
My Goal is to keep my clean Sysnand at FW 5.10 (to have the chance of warmboot into Atmosphere later on) and create an Emunand that I can update to 8.10 via Chuidournx to play games online/ use eshop.
I do not plan to run any backups.
However following issues come up for me. After creating an emuMMC parition via Hekate I can boot into this with the "CFW Emunand" option, see the hekate_ipl.ini for the configuration attached. However, for some reason I cannot boot with the "Stock Emunand" option and the switch screen just goes to black after the Nintendo logo and I need to restart.
What could be the reason for this behaviour? I already tried 2 different SD Card with the same issue.
The option to boot an emuMMC partition on stock firmware just doesn't work for now, CTCaer even removed the option from the latest release of hekate, so we have to wait for now.
Here is the issue where CTCaer talks about it : https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/250

Reactions: groovey

vbhagaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This issue seemed to be fixed now in latest release. I suggest re-download latest and give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This issue seemed to be fixed now in latest release. I suggest re-download latest and give it a try.

Where have you read this ? The hekate release notes still read :
"Disabled stock emuMMC until it's fixed
Check news at https://github.com/m4xw/emuMMC"
And there is nothing about it on the emuMMC page either I think.

Reactions: groovey

vbhagaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where have you read this ? The hekate release notes still read :
"Disabled stock emuMMC until it's fixed
Check news at https://github.com/m4xw/emuMMC"
And there is nothing about it on the emuMMC page either I think.

I didnt understand the question my bad, but i thought user just want to boot into sysnand, which currently works. Although i am bit confused, what is this option of booting in an emuMMC? I thought its just sysnand and emunand (which is partition basis or file based)...could you explain? My current setup is i restore my clean nand and created a emunanad(partition based). If i select boot sysnand it boots horizon else its CFW. What am i missing here?

dzdncfsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didnt understand the question my bad, but i thought user just want to boot into sysnand, which currently works. Although i am bit confused, what is this option of booting in an emuMMC? I thought its just sysnand and emunand (which is partition basis or file based)...could you explain? My current setup is i restore my clean nand and created a emunanad(partition based). If i select boot sysnand it boots horizon else its CFW. What am i missing here?

If you have stock sysnand on a low firmware and don't want to update it, theoretically you could use emummc, upgrade that to a newer official firmware, and get online. When booting a switch into sysnand or emummc, you ought to be able to either boot stock (official) firmware, or custom firmware (allowing Homebrew etc). Given that the desire here is to get online, they don't want to use CFW since that'll get them banned. They want to boot their emummc partition into OFW, so they can update that emummc ofw and do online things. At the moment that particular functionality is disabled (as per LeMageFro's link to https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/250), so it's not currently possible to use emummc to get online. (You can boot into sysnand with ofw or cfw, or you can boot into emummc with cfw). Presumably this will be fixed in an update...

Last edited by dzdncfsd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: