ROM Hack Still on A9LH AuReiNAND 3.4 Need Advice

Grumpsta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been out of the scene since 2016. I wanted to use my 3DS recently and found out my setup is very outdated. I see if you are on Luma with A9LH that it is fairly straightforward to change over to B9S.

My question is how can I upgrade my existing setup to the current Luma and B9S? Since I am on a very outdated CFW (aureinand with merged system/ emunand), is there an easy way to update to Luma 7.0.5? Sorry if this question has been asked, but I could only find answers from 2017. Thank you.

RicHarchd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Grumpstar,
You can upgrade your 3DS CFW by following the instructions from 3ds.hacks.guide.
Search on the site for "A9LH to B9S".
Follow the instructions step by step an your up to date. I've done it 2 years ago and it's really simple and works perfectly.
(the 3DS hacking community isn't that active since the switch came out)

Hope I could've helped you.

Last edited by RicHarchd,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Everything you will need is provided in this part of the guide, including a link to getting the most up to date homebrew
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
You really don't need to update any files related to A9LH as that would be some rather unnecessary extra work that will be deleted after updating to B9S.
The Guide also has a section for backing up and injecting your emuNAND into your sysNAND
https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage.html

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two 3ds' that are not updated to the latest cfw and i don't remember which one is on a9lh and which one is on boot9strap or whatever it is..I just remember they are both on different things when it comes to how the hack is done. Will that guide help me? I can't remember anything about what they are doing for hacks. One is new 3ds and the other is older XL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since