Hacking still learning wii, new to everything

zetswei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how annoying it can be to get people who don't know anything, and ask for everything blindly. I just want to state that I have read the stickies and been reading up on some stuff, juts looking for help putting everything I know together. I'm basically looking at everything from teh same output I put into my PSP homebrew etc.

I am restarting my wii homebrew installation and everything, but what I was wondering was about backup copies of games.. Does the loader play the backup burned copies? also, what does all the things like NTSC-U mean exactly? I want to make sure not to brick my wii. I also want to mention that I just got my wii last night, and started fiddling with it today. The guy I got it from had homebrew and everything already installed, but I can't get it working so I'm trying to redo everything. Also wanted to mentiont hat i don't know what a classic controller is, is that just a GC controller or something else? I was trying to play megaman x that he already had on the wii but it asked for a classic controller.

Thanks for help, and flame on if need be

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
wiigators backup loader plays backups, or theres the softchip one.

NTSC-U is just to do with the region a game is from. If a game is from europe it will be PAL, elsewhere will probably be NTSC. NTSC-U is for USA games if i'm not mistaken.

as for the classic controller, google is your friend.

zetswei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hughjass said:
wiigators backup loader plays backups, or theres the softchip one.

NTSC-U is just to do with the region a game is from. If a game is from europe it will be PAL, elsewhere will probably be NTSC. NTSC-U is for USA games if i'm not mistaken.

as for the classic controller, google is your friend.

Thanks for your help, I wasn't too worried about the controller haha. Just figured I'd put it in the post. In between potty training my puppy and feeding her I'm trying to figure this all out.

By softchip are you talking about the chip that you put into your wii? My friend did this, but I'm not sure if he's able to update his wii or not, I just know he has a binder full of games ha. I didn't really want to chip my wii if I didn't have to though. I found the list of games that won't cause a bricking, but if i happen to get unlucky and do something stupid, there's no way to unbrick yet correct? I know with PSP's I was using a pandora battery if it became bricked

zetswei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohalright thanks. Since this topic is up, i may as well ask this really quick, I'm doing the october 23rd fix for homebrew and stuff, and I'm on step 6- installing cios_fix.wad with custom WM, but while I was installing it it came up error: ret -1026 i think that's teh exact number, but I'm not sure computer is in my room wii is in front room.. Am I doing something wrong?

zetswei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, ios was already installed, but i did reinstall it.. I'll try and redo that step with the WAD manager3, but I am pretty sure it's already done. Thanks for input

Ok, just noticed that the ios thing I was trying to use had o- in front of it, so I'm gonna edit that out in file name and maybe it'll work?

edit edit: didn't work, stil getting ret = -1037 (thats the right number) hmm....

zetswei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know of a way to figure out whats causing the error? Or perhaps even removing everything except homebrew channel since I don't have zelda

edit: crap sorry didn't mean to post a new reply thought i was quick editing

zetswei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can be closed, I just thought I'd let everyone know what I did incase someone else develops this problem.

it didn't say it in the steps, but I had to insatll custom wad manager for it to work, apparently it wasn't installed or something, i installed everything in the normal wad manager, then did it again in the custom one and it worked perfectly now i'm doing the downgrader part

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: