Hardware Still interested in motion controls?

Are you interested in motion controls, HD haptic feedback, etc.?

• Yes

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've seen many people stating there is no interest in motion controls nowadays.
For example, regarding motion controls, 3D rumble (HD haptic feedback), NFC and some other functionality in joycons I read the following reply in the forum:
im sure the 3 people that want those features will enjoy them.

So now I would like to poll how many people is actually interested in this functionality.

D

Deleted User

I think I am fairly interested in them, but I pretty much see features like motion controls as more of a normal thing to add in modern games consoles nowadays.
I don't really have an opinion on the NFC feature because I've never used it once in my life. Not even with the Wii U or the New3DS. :P

That new haptic feedback stuff they're feeding into the joy-cons sounds interesting though. Wonder how that'll feel...

Reactions: Deleted User

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think I am fairly interested in them, but I pretty much see features like motion controls as more of a normal thing to add in modern games consoles nowadays.
I don't really have an opinion on the NFC feature because I've never used it once in my life. Not even with the Wii U or the New3DS. :P

That new haptic feedback stuff they're feeding into the joy-cons sounds interesting though. Wonder how that'll feel...
Regarding NFC I don't really find any good use for it in gaming, I don't think they will come up with something good but who knows.
In the other hand motion controls were always great and immersive IMHO, and HD haptic feedback looks like another great immersive atmosphere setting technology as well, I really don't know why the hate regarding those two features.

Reactions: Deleted User

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I actually really like motion controls, partly because I just suck at aiming with an analog stick, so I prefer using motion controls. Take Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword for example, I think that was a game that used them very well and made the game really unique and enjoyable to me, I just don't get why so many people hate them so much.

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love motion controls because I feel free using the controllers. The wii mote was light and free and I could relax while using it, and it's actually fun to not sit in one spot. And with driving games its cool too. I am interested in HD rumble (haptic) because I look at it as the next logical step in vibration controls. Also I've never felt HD Ice before.

As far as the whole NFC and amiibo go, I own 55 Smash Bros. amiibo, and a few others, so...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Motion controls have a place in games, unfortunately not in those games that developers constantly try to cram them into.
I am interested in motion controls, the Wiimote pointer functionality, and that other stuff the JoyCons (are rumored to) have, but I'm afraid developers are going to abuse them as usual and create a backlash.

Remember,

mdus4ch.jpg

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With VR motion controller and all is very nice if used well but if I want to play a game I can't enjoy it when instead of lying on my sofa I have to dance around in my room and destroy half of the furniture only to be able to beat an opponent ... Or have some friends destroy everything around them -.-
(Yes some friends really damaged several things at my place playing Wii games like Wii tennis ...)

And I really hate rumble as it usually just doesn't make much sense and is annoying.

All these extras are just there to annoy proper gamers and make some small children happy who don't get what's going on at all XD

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think motion controls are good when used right. Some games overuse them or just use them for the wrong purpose. The haptic feedback could be interesting, I doubt it works as well as they claim but we'll see.

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these extras are just there to annoy proper gamers and make some small children happy who don't get what's going on at all XD

Interesting. So, you don't see, for example, how in a game where one would be shaking dice in a cup before throwing them, and *feeling it actually happening in your hand*...the feeling of the *actual physics* of what is happening instead of timed "bzzt!"...that...no? Nothing?

Wow, man. I'd *love* to write something for something like that in *my* day job lol...

That kind of experience would seem pretty damned "proper" and "WTF, whoa!" to me...not a kiddie, so perhaps, widen your net a bit with the "proper" stuff? :)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely I'm still interested. The motion control in Splatoon seems to have been very good, and I have a Vive, so I have experienced next-gen 1:1 motion controls. VR just isn't the same without it. The motion controls in ARMS seem very responsive, and Punch-Out for Wii was already fantastic with motionplus.

Reactions: KingVamp

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh I'd much prefer playing FPS with motion controls compared to dual analog. (if I can't use a mouse of course) Nintendo especially does this really well in games like Splatoon, Prime Trilogy, and the 3ds Zelda remakes. Motion control does have its place, even in the realms of more hardcore games.

Reactions: cyb0rg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol