Still hoping for a Legends 3 release? Too bad.

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
269125_149316635142586_149316248475958_276767_6080291_n.jpg

QUOTE said:
Despite a push by tens of thousands of fans to revive recently canceled Capcom game Mega Man Legends 3, the Japanese developer tells Kotaku that they have no plans to resume development.

"We are aware of the fan created Facebook page requesting that we resume development of Mega Man Legends 3. While Capcom has a built a strong relationship with its community and values their feedback, Mega Man Legends 3 development has officially ceased without plans to resume development." - Capcom spokesman Brian Keltner

Ironically, Capcom is thinking about releasing a SSFIV Arcade Edition for 3DS or SF X Tekken. *Facepalm*

Source: Gonintendo,Kotaku.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Ok, I am getting fed up with all the Legends 3 crap.

Why cant people live with the decision of the devs cancelling it?
Its not the end of the world o.O
I know, it's really not that big a deal.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:

Because people waited and wanted this game for over 10 years. And when the game was finally greenlit, thanks to Inafune, the fans were doing a lot of the development themselves, as the development choices were done with fan polls from the community. Then all of a sudden, Capcom thinks they can't milk money out of the thing, says fuck you to the fans, then cancels it.

Besides, legends would have been the only good megaman game in YEARS. Seriously. Starforce? MM 10? Don't even make me laugh.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
In other words, 'please dont make us do actual work, we just want to make rip offs'.

Tossers. Still, I get my own back by pirating the Megaman X Collection for my PS2. I win.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's just how the audiences work. If they'd release MLP3, the audiece would be all "f-you, I remembered Legends differently, I expected this to be way better". They didn't release the game, they whine aswell. People will always whine because nothing ever satitates all their needs and twisted fantasies concerning their favourite franchises.

Nobody's ever 100% happy with any product, so we just have to live with what we get.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:

Because people waited and wanted this game for over 10 years. And when the game was finally greenlit, thanks to Inafune, the fans were doing a lot of the development themselves, as the development choices were done with fan polls from the community. Then all of a sudden, Capcom thinks they can't milk money out of the thing, says fuck you to the fans, then cancels it.

Besides, legends would have been the only good megaman game in YEARS. Seriously. Starforce? MM 10? Don't even make me laugh.
Its not gonna be out.. so people needs to live with that and stop complaining about that shit.

There are more important stuff in life to worry about o.o
billions of other games out there readily available to play.. while you wait for a specific one to come out "someday".

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I agree with Tanveer. There are things that are a lot worse but still I really was looking forward to the game.
Oh well I still have about 50 other games to look forward to and even more I still have to do.

So much games to play and books to read, yet so little time...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:

Its not gonna be out.. so people needs to live with that and stop complaining about that shit.

billions of other games out there readily available to play.. while you wait for a specific one to come out "someday".
So if a giant corporation suddenly decides to cancel your favorite game in your favorite series and tells you they will never EVER continue making that game, and give you more shit that you honestly don't want, are you just going to say "Ok [insert your favorite video game company here]! I still love you!"?

I certainly wouldn't. Hell, I don't even LIKE megaman, but the thing is. The sheer nerve of Capcom to do this to it's loyal fans outrages me. It's like they don't even give a shit about their fans. Oh wait! They don't! That's why we still don't have Mon Hun Portable 3rd, MML3, and get things like DmC with the new Dante, Dark Void, Bionic Commando 09, Lost Planet 2, and some weird 3DS game nobody will buy. HERE, HAVE ANOTHER STREET FIGHTER, ANOTHER MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 EVEN THOUGH THE PREVIOUS VERSION CAME OUT JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO, AND AN OUTSOURCE RESIDENT EVIL.

Fuck capcom.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Foxi4 said:
It's just how the audiences work. If they'd release MLP3, the audiece would be all "f-you, I remembered Legends differently, I expected this to be way better". They didn't release the game, they whine aswell. People will always whine because nothing ever satitates all their needs and twisted fantasies concerning their favourite franchises.

Nobody's ever 100% happy with any product, so we just have to live with what we get.
Exactly.

It will be how pokemon diamond released and many said WTF THIS IS NOT THE POKEMON I KNOW or Red is soooooo much better than DP. I'm sure capcom doesn't want that.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:

So if a giant corporation suddenly decides to cancel your favorite game in your favorite series and tells you they will never EVER continue making that game, and give you more shit that you honestly don't want, are you just going to say "Ok capcam! I still love you!"
How was it your favortie game? They didn't even release the Prototype, how did you play it?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:

So if a giant corporation suddenly decides to cancel your favorite game in your favorite series and tells you they will never EVER continue making that game, and give you more shit that you honestly don't want, are you just going to say "Ok capcam! I still love you!"
I dont love any company.
They are not my close buddies.

Really hyped and looking forward to Skyrim, Bethesda wants to cancel it? Fine, there are other games out there o.o
Some people take these too seriously.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:

They didn't even feel like making it in the first place.

And yes fans will still do that. It's happen many times before. Besides, there are many other megaman games out there to play.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ojsinnerz. said:

I waited 14 years for Duke Nukem Forever and I got a mediocre game at best.

Wanna share that fate? Thought so.

If the decision was made to can it, Capcom surely had their reasons. There is a certain quality bar a game has to hop over to be released, MLP3 apparently tripped over and lost all its teeth in the process. It's better to get a good jumper than the best limbo player in the world.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
things like DmC with the new Dante a dark haired character who is in no way related to Dante.

Fixed as there is no Dante in dmc, just some character was designed by a rebellious 8th grader who laughs at Hot Topic shirts.

On topic...

> Megaman Legends 3 cancelled.
> Megaman Legends 3 still cancelled.

I don't really see this as news. I won't close it unless I get a second opinion but did anyone expect a Facebook group with like 10,000 people (side note, they don't want a game to sell 10,000 copies, they want millions) to save it?

D

Deleted_171835

Oh screw you, Capcom.

The game probably wouldn't be as good without Inafune, though.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Foxi4 said:
ojsinnerz. said:

I waited 14 years for Duke Nukem Forever and I got a mediocre game at best.

Wanna share that fate? Thought so.

If the decision was made to can it, Capcom surely had their reasons. There is a certain quality bar a game has to hop over to be released, MLP3 apparently tripped over and lost all its teeth in the process. It's better to get a good jumper than the best limbo player in the world.
It'd still be better than the Starforce series, dohohoho.

Yeah, Capcom's reasons are that they wanted to sell 5 million copies of the game. That's why they let Ninja Theory develop DmC after all.

And if they cared so much about quality, why did they release Dark Void, Bionic Commando 09, and many other recent titles that have been very mediocre? They all sold horribly, not to mention.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
ojsinnerz. said:
things like DmC with the new Dante a dark haired character who is in no way related to Dante.

Fixed as there is no Dante in dmc, just some character was designed by a rebellious 8th grader who laughs at Hot Topic shirts.

On topic...

> Megaman Legends 3 cancelled.
> Megaman Legends 3 still cancelled.

I don't really see this as news. I won't close it unless I get a second opinion but did anyone expect a Facebook group with like 10,000 people (side note, they don't want a game to sell 10,000 copies, they want millions) to save it?

people like this

lrn2#s?

Yeah, I don't personally see this as news. Did anybody truly expect it to succeed, I mean, really?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy