Bi-Winning.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The BBC has lost a legal fight to stop publication of a book which reveals the identity of Top Gear's driver The Stig.
_48932116_004977466-1.jpg
QUOTEThe High Court in London refused to grant the BBC an injunction blocking the publication by HarperCollins of an autobiography of former Formula Three driver Ben Collins.
The book claims Mr Collins is the mystery driver on the BBC Two show.
The BBC began legal action against HarperCollins last week.
It says it won't confirm or deny that Ben Collins either was or remains The Stig.
But Top Gear presenter James May, who was a studio guest on BBC London when High Court's decision was announced, made light of the situation.
He said: "Obviously I'm now going to have to take some legal action of my own, because I have been the Stig for the past seven years, and I don't know who this bloke is, who's mincing around in the High Court pretending it's him."
The Stig is famous for his racing overalls and dark-visored helmet. His identity has long been a closely-guarded secret on Top Gear - one of the BBC's most popular shows in the UK and around the world.
Several racing drivers have been linked to the role, including former Formula One world champions Damon Hill and Michael Schumacher.
Mr Collins, 33, from Redland, Bristol, was in court for part of Wednesday's hearing.
The first Stig, Perry McCarthy, was dropped in 2003 after his identity was uncovered.
Source.

Guess this means they either get a new Stig or continue with this one
frown.gif

EDIT: Obviously the description was meant to say "a secret" whoops.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
How can you claim that your THE Stig?! Obviously the only reason he said he was the Stig so that his book would sell. But to say you are something when you are not... for shame...

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
30084pm said:
ohmy.gif
How can you claim that your THE Stig?! Obviously the only reason he said he was the Stig so that his book would sell. But to say you are something when you are not... for shame...

Just no.

They would've taken him to court if there no truth in it. Why waste the money?

And lets not forget, this is the BBC. They would of spent tax payers money on that court order. Shame on them.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ConJ said:
30084pm said:
ohmy.gif

Just no.

And lets not forget, this is the BBC. They would of spent tax payers money on that court order. Shame on them.
License-fee payers.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
ConJ said:
30084pm said:
ohmy.gif

Just no.

I didn't say anything about BBC taking them to court. I just said that he should be ashamed for lying when everyone involved in Top Gear knows the true identity to the Stig.
I'm well aware that was TV-License Owner's money down the drain

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to say that.

Do you remeber the episode with Michael Schumacher. It was a bit of a laugh but I wouldn't be supprised if they haven't used Michael, Ben, and many other high profile drivers for the Stig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs