Hardware Sticky button on PSP 3001

JoshuaEpling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've rehacked my psp today cuz I found out from another user the my motherboard could be downgraded & I could use 6.20 permanent cfw. Before I done this some syrup from a peach got spilled on my psp & i tried to out as much as I could. But the stuff has stuck the square button down internally. I've never taken one apart and was looking for pointers to clean it not screw it up anymore so i can really enjoy the new hack i installed. thanks

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Here you go
[yt]0uWaUEn0cjQ[/yt]

Just follow the first 3 min & that would be enough to do all the cleaning .

As for tips make sure you unscrew all screws including the ones hiding under the sticker under the battery , place all the screws you remove on a white paper so you don't lose them & place them in a way so you know which go where & finally try to not use water for cleaning & make sure everything is perfectly dry before putting the battery back .

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually use THIS site when looking for teardown guides and whatnot, but this time they seemed to have conveniently skipped over the 3000.

JoshuaEpling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what do I do now? I cleaned the contact and the is still messed up? Every time I try to input text, it backspaces. Any ideas?

JoshuaEpling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've watched the video above & others and have concluded that possibly the touch pad for the square & etc buttons is shorted. but why on the square? shouldn't a short effect all button related. all other buttons work. any ideas? i really wanna fix this & need some help. just another thought, is it possible for the bottom of the button to sit just lower than normal and just enough to make contact & the psp act if the button is pressed or the bottom is getting weak & caving under the weight of the physical button. just some thoughts, let know what u guys think. thanks for all help so far everybody.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello