Homebrew Steps/process on how to play GBA games with my Acekard 2?

darabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently bought a Acekard 2 and a EZ 3in1 and I was wondering what are the specific steps as to play GBA roms.

I have searched many sites however most sites either makes the process confusing or the site does not have a step by step guide.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thanks.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have AKAIO 1.2, just select the GBA rom as you would any other game and it will do everything for you.

Not sure on the official firmware, you might need GBAExploder for that.

darabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
If you have AKAIO 1.2, just select the GBA rom as you would any other game and it will do everything for you.

Not sure on the official firmware, you might need GBAExploder for that.

Wow, thank you so much.

What about saves? What happens when I save on my GBA rom? Will the save be erased if I exit the game/turn off the DS?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save will be backed up by the battery in the ez3in1 then transferred back to your sd card next time you turn on. So your save will be fine until the battery in the 3 in 1 dies.

darabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thank you so much, this is very helpful.

But you mention about the battery of the EZ 3in1 and if the battery runs out the saves get erased.

How long does the battery last?

How can one back up the saves so when the battery dies my saves won't go away?

Once again thank you for being so helpful.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
The battery's life depends on how long it sat in a warehouse before you got it (and also whether you got it second hand or new). Are you aware that cartridge media have been using batteries since the days of the NES? Zelda has a battery in it. I suspect you generally don't worry about the batteries in all your other games, you really should be worrying about the same amount about your 3-in-1's battery; you can worry about it when it dies. And mysticwaterfall just told you that the saves are backed up to the microSD next time you start. For further security (against corruption of your microSD), copy your saves to your computer as often as makes you feel better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-