RELEASE StepMania 5.x Switch Port

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by p-sam, Aug 28, 2019.

1. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    So I tested between PC and Switch stepmania. The song crashes consistently at the same spot on Switch, whereas on PC it is able to go through it just fine. Both PC and Switch using the exact same setup for theme and charts.
    This is the chart that crashes on Switch in case it helps:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzx5i6eo4aysz4q/Eros and Apollo [Stepmania 5].zip?dl=0
    I looked through the log already, only thing of note is the warnings about image size, but it also happens on PC and again on PC it plays through fine. The only times I've had problems are the gimmick charts. Some with more basic gimmicks play fine, others with more advanced things just seem to crash it on Switch.

Attached Files:

2. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Based on my testing, it seems any songs with mods that involve more advanced foreground gimmicks consistently crashes when it starts to do the advanced foreground trickery. Other songs with lighter mods work, but foreground stuff beyond more simple pictures just crashes the game consistently at the same spots each time, when on PC using the same exact stepcharts and theme, it runs perfectly fine. Have no clue why the foreground stuff just makes it completely crash.

3. p-sam
    OP

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    I'll need the relevant crash report from sd:/atmosphere/crash_reports

4. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Eros_and_Apollo.log is the one that the song linked above produces, and then I've attached some others from other songs producing similar crashes which appear to be something related to foreground items. (All renamed to .txt to allow direct upload)

Attached Files:

5. p-sam
    OP

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    So far all your crash reports seems to be exactly the same, they all end up happening at the same place. (a func called from lua) Since it worked on 2.1.0b2 on your PC, it may suggest either a bug introduced since then (beta 3 or master because we use the latest commits), or an oversight that simply has no consequences on PC but crashes on Switch. I'll try to see if I can add more debug info on lua script execution, hopefully fixing the crash.

CaseyCor likes this.
  6. ApoQ

ApoQ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Chile
    Does it work on 9.0.0 firmware?

7. p-sam
    OP

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    Yes, most homebrew continue to work anyway, because of the temporary measures AMS added, i'll reupload a build soon, i just want to fix the crash above first (and haven't looked at it in details yet)

ApoQ likes this.
  8. p-sam
    OP

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France

9. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nice, fixed all the problems I was having. Thanks for the update!

p-sam likes this.