RELEASE StepMania 5.x Switch Port

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by p-sam, Aug 28, 2019.

1. ApoQ

ApoQ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Chile
    Yep, you can disable videos in options.

2. p-sam
    OP

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    Oh yea, framerate drops pretty hard on videos (I've had results as bad as 20fps), because of the current state of homebrew video decoding. As the old stepmania forums post suggested, delete them movies from the song folder (yeah, there were no options afaik back in 3.9, dunno now). I still kept support for them as some manage to do okay, and I'd rather leave the choice.

ApoQ likes this.
  3. 1MiinMofo

1MiinMofo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    Canada
    I stopped using DDR the moment Just Dance came out. In fact I'll be one of the many who will be buying Just Dance 2020 for the Wii in the coming months. But it looks like I just found a use for my old DDR mat, which connects to the Wii via Gamecube ports. Now I just need that adapter...

4. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Not enjoyable without dance pad.

5. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Time to make use of my 40gb~ of Stepmania packages!

6. CaseyCor

CaseyCor Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    Super cool! I got it running last night with some video game songs I found. A few other packs I found crashed the game on launch. Choosing Endless mode also crashes the game no matter what songs I have. Other than that, it's awesome.

Thanks!

7. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    I remember when XPort first ported this to the original xbox. I had never played DDR in my life and decided to go out and find a DDR mat and a xbox adapter. FUN! I get why people do this shit! And its a great way to stay physically active while gaming, man that stuff is a workout!`

Im all for eating cheetos and drinking gallons of diet pepsi, but only if its during a heavy ddr sesh.

8. DellStock

DellStock Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2019
    United States
    Get an error when installing it, Error Code: 2000-0000 (0x0) Title : 0100000000000012
    something with bsd socket?

9. p-sam
    OP

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    Try using atmosphere hbl-as-app (over a game of your choice); just hold R over while launching a game until you see hbmenu showing, then run Stepmania from there

10. DellStock

DellStock Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2019
    United States
    The software has closed because of an error.

thats what it says

EDIT : Loads songs now then crashes to HBL, after that i rerun and it says the error above.

Last edited by DellStock, Sep 5, 2019
  11. Tweaker_Modding

Tweaker_Modding Siezure Dice™

Sep 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere
    DAMN!! i want a decent portable stepmania but i don’t want to buy another switch for mods or mod my current switch

vita port maybe?

12. Miqote

Miqote GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2018
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    Awesome! What sort of pad/GC adaptor do you guys recommend for this?

13. DellStock

DellStock Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2019
    United States
    Still errors for me.. I give up..

14. Miqote

Miqote GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2018
    Some people said certain packs crash for them - Try deleting all but a few basic songs (no songs?) and see if it works.

15. DellStock

DellStock Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2019
    United States
    still crashes.

16. p-sam
    OP

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    Check the logs, it'll tell you what is the corrupted song at the end of it

17. DellStock

DellStock Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2019
    United States
    its telling me the fallback themes and default metrics it cant find. I see Default and _fallback in the themes folder. Even got a theme from Zenius i Vanisher (Simply Love) and it doesnt work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Readded the themes back (all of them it came with in the github) and it magically works..

p-sam likes this.
  18. Miqote

Miqote GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2018
    Just a FYI - This worked flawlessly on my 8.1.0 switch but kept crashing on my sister's 8.0.0 switch before the title screen until I upgraded it to 8.1.0 - It works great on hers now too.

19. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    This is it. The one thing that made me pull the trigger on getting emuMMC and cfw set up rather than just using Lakka, L4T and Android.
    By far one of my favorite games. Immediately transferred over my song library (at least what works in stepmania, some of it only works in OpenITG). I love playing it in my free time, but bringing a laptop isn't always feasible and also it annoys others when I mash my keyboard.
    Playing this on switch is far more quiet and portable! Naturally I immediately put the Simply Love theme, which works great. My ITG3 theme on the other hand seems to crash the game.
    I changed the default buttons to be L, dpad up, X, and R. That way I can have a finger on each direction at all times. Now I can't wait to play and public and get weird looks when people see the bull**** gimmick songs I like to play, some of which do seem to crash the game. I'll probably look into why later, after I binge this game.

I know the game usually has a way to save default modifiers like speed, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it on here. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? It's been a while since I've played stepmania.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake, Sep 9, 2019
  20. p-sam
    OP

p-sam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2019
    France
    If you want to report a crash, be sure to attach the log, and check it beforehand, the game will trigger a crash on its own, on bad song format or themes for example.