Steins;Gate 0 Release Date and Trailer revealed

Today, PQube announced the North American and European release dates for Steins;Gate 0 to be November 29th and November 25th respectively. This sequel to the original critically acclaimed visual novel will be released on Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita. Check out the trailer above!

STEINS;GATE 0
Release Date and Trailer revealed

PQube, (London, UK) October 28, 2016 - The wait is over! The highly anticipated STEINS;GATE 0 from MAGES.Inc. has an official release date, releasing on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on the 25th of November 2016 in Europe and 29th of November 2016 in North America.

Watch the official trailer here:

STEINS;GATE 0 is a brand new story in the acclaimed Science Fiction Visual Novel franchise. Praised by fans and critics alike for its incredible characterisation and storytelling, STEINS;GATE is widely considered to be the greatest Visual Novel ever made. STEINS;GATE 0 looks set to maintain this exceptionally high standard with a story which explores an alternative world line.

When a scientist Okabe Rintaro realises he is unable to save the love of his life, he sinks into a great depression. Giving up on his friends, his research and, crucially, time-travel itself, a series of events which looks set to endanger all of humanity takes place.

Can fan-favourite STEINS;GATE characters, Mayuri, Farris, Daru, Moeka, Luka and Suzuha bring him back from the brink?

Along with a brand new cast of characters and new scientific themes which fuse time travel and artificial intelligence, STEINS;GATE fans can prepare themselves for an all-new, darker storyline which will blow their minds.
ea81b22b-fc9b-4d4e-8db7-a7f9fd2e469c.png
c31529e8-131c-424d-b9cb-a4baee1ce8b5.jpg

427287eb-f879-4586-8f51-1bfb916fd509.jpg

STEINS;GATE 0 will be releasing on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on the 25th of November 2016 in Europe and 29th of November 2016 in North America
Check out #SG0 on social media! For more information and the latest news, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/PQubeGames, and on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/pqube.

###

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not necessarily "not getting it." It could just not be for you. For example, I fell in love from the very beginning. Plenty of mystery and intrigue from very early on. If you're 8 hours in and are "not getting it," it's rather likely that the visual novel just isn't up your alley. Of course, that all depends on what "getting it" would even entail. What exactly is "it" and how is Steins;Gate lacking in "it?"

I liked the Ace Attorney series, Zero Escape series, Hotel Dusk series, Dagonropa, etc. I played a handful of VN back on the NDS as well. I'm not hooked for some reason, I enjoy sci-fi stuff, it should be right up my alley, but for some reason it's just not clicking.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the Ace Attorney series, Zero Escape series, Hotel Dusk series, Dagonropa, etc. I played a handful of VN back on the NDS as well. I'm not hooked for some reason, I enjoy sci-fi stuff, it should be right up my alley, but for some reason it's just not clicking.
Ah. To be honest, it gets much more sciency later in the visual novel, but it's been a while since I've read it, so I don't know chapter specifics off the top of my head. Reply to this using spoilers or PM me about what's currently happening in the plot and I'll let you know how deep you are into the sci-fi portion of it.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
EL PSY CONGROO.
Won't get it , I don't have a PS4 (I don't even have a TV for now ) , neither a Vita (and really not planning to get one) . So I'll just hope that they'll release it on PC or that there's a anime adaptation on the rails.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EL PSY CONGROO.
So I'll just hope that they'll release it on PC
They already have for Japan. It's likely that there'll be an English version too but there's a 99.999999998% chance we won't get it in late November (or this year period).
or that there's a anime adaptation on the rails.
There is. No release date yet, but they're definitely working on it.

Reactions: Ritsuki

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not necessarily "not getting it." It could just not be for you. For example, I fell in love from the very beginning. Plenty of mystery and intrigue from very early on. If you're 8 hours in and are "not getting it," it's rather likely that the visual novel just isn't up your alley. Of course, that all depends on what "getting it" would even entail. What exactly is "it" and how is Steins;Gate lacking in "it?"
TBH, Steins Gate doesn't really pick up till they start doing experiments. I really hated the beginning of the game.

Reminds me of Higurashi where there are over-serious parts and then annoying cutesy goofy parts, as if they were comedy relief. Neither need comedy relief, imo. Pick a tone, stick with it otherwise you look like an idiot (a deadly mistake in terms of Higurashi in particular). Steins Gate doesn't decide what it wants to be until the experiments begin.

Just my two cents.

Well, you have a month before its sequel releases. Go read it, fall in love, then buy Steins;Gate 0 Day 1 like the rest of us.
Wow peer pressure much? Steins Gate isn't THAT good.

It has memorable moments and the ending theme of the anime was cool, but jeez. I'd sooner watch Samurai Champloo than Steins Gate again. SG isn't any more unique than that Time-something game on DS (the one with the kid and the pen).

Edit: Time Hollow. There we go. Steins Gate is exactly like Time Hollow. Same shit. There ya'll go.

As far as I know, Steins Gate is the weeaboo version of Time Hollow.

EL PSY CONGROO.
Won't get it , I don't have a PS4 (I don't even have a TV for now ) , neither a Vita (and really not planning to get one) . So I'll just hope that they'll release it on PC or that there's a anime adaptation on the rails.
It's on Steam, already...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/412830/

And the anime has been around for a while now. Hell, I think Funimation made the episodes free to watch on Youtube.

Last edited by Pluupy,

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I must be missing something with Steins;gate, I am like 8 hours in and I am still not "getting it" Without spoilers, can anyone tell me which chapter it really picks up?
Not sure about the VN, but the anime adaptation is kinda slow paced and not as much interesting for almost half of the show, then it picks up and it keeps being more and more intense until the very end. If you like time travel and stuff it's an amazing story. The VN might be more slow paced though.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
TBH, Steins Gate doesn't really pick up till they start doing experiments. I really hated the beginning of the game.

It's on Steam, already...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/412830/

And the anime has been around for a while now. Hell, I think Funimation made the episodes free to watch on Youtube.

This is the first one, I was talking about Steins;Gate 0, which haven't been released yet in US/Europe :)

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of Higurashi where there are over-serious parts and then annoying cutesy goofy parts, as if they were comedy relief. Neither need comedy relief, imo. Pick a tone, stick with it otherwise you look like an idiot (a deadly mistake in terms of Higurashi in particular). Steins Gate doesn't decide what it wants to be until the experiments begin.

Just my two cents.
Calling a developer an idiot because they don't stick to one static tone is rather silly. A lot (most?) of the greatest works of literature, video games, movies, etc. have an interplay of serious and light-hearted events in their story and aren't worse off because of it. If anything, I enjoyed both Steins;Gate and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni more than I would have otherwise because of the dynamic tone. The "annoying cutesy goofy parts" made the later "over-serious parts" have that much more of an impact.
Wow peer pressure much?
What's wrong with someone trying to share something they love with others?
Steins Gate isn't THAT good.
You may not like it (or like it that much), but many people do, as evidenced by its rankings on VNDB and MAL (2nd and 4th highest ranked respectively).
As far as I know, Steins Gate is the weeaboo version of Time Hollow.
Insulting the thing that they love doesn't really help you to convince others to join your side.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hype! Finishing Steins;Gate right now, and it's soooooooooo good. Glad I started this novel recently because I can jump right on to 0 when I finish.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I must be missing something with Steins;gate, I am like 8 hours in and I am still not "getting it" Without spoilers, can anyone tell me which chapter it really picks up?

chapter 5 or 6 (I think?) is where the mindfucks begin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I never understood what people fascinates about this Steins;Gate thing. But I think the problem is that I only played bad Visual Novels(NGE Girlfriend of Steel 1&2 fan translation, which are very predictable: hm should Shinji go into the lift with Rei, Asuka or Kaworu, what happends next?)

Idk what the others like about Steins;Gate, but I like it because of the interesting quantum physics theories, basically the science, the comedy scenes, the awesome characters, the plot, the way it mixes reality into fiction (There was actually a John Titor who claimed to be a time traveler back in the 2000) and the well-written time travel story.

Last edited by Pokem,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling a developer an idiot because they don't stick to one static tone is rather silly. A lot (most?) of the greatest works of literature, video games, movies, etc. have an interplay of serious and light-hearted events in their story and aren't worse off because of it. If anything, I enjoyed both Steins;Gate and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni more than I would have otherwise because of the dynamic tone. The "annoying cutesy goofy parts" made the later "over-serious parts" have that much more of an impact.

What's wrong with someone trying to share something they love with others?

Steins Gate isn't an epic novella. I'm referring to the overall tone of the series, not the tone of individual scenes. Steins Gate, much like Higurashi, doesn't know which to pick. The tone of a scene should blend into each scene. Instead, Steins Gate will spend a long time with exposition and then suddenly "oh crap you wanted plot? Let's do that then". Higurashi spends tons of time assembling characters but when shit hits the fan it ends. Just like that. We're not talking a dynamic, roller coaster balance. The writers simply don't know where to go with their plot. Like a car suddenly making a 90 degree turn.

When you push it so hard that you ignore the opinions and interests of others. Instead of "recommending" Steins Gate, demanding someone get involved with the franchise is just idiotic rabid fanboyism. Steins Gate is not that great of a series. It does not explore any new concepts that have not already been done before. It's not even any better than other shows which have done this same time travel trope. I'm not looking to waste anybody's time on a series which does not have anything unique to offer.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steins Gate isn't an epic novella. I'm referring to the overall tone of the series, not the tone of individual scenes. Steins Gate, much like Higurashi, doesn't know which to pick. The tone of a scene should blend into each scene. Instead, Steins Gate will spend a long time with exposition and then suddenly "oh crap you wanted plot? Let's do that then". Higurashi spends tons of time assembling characters but when shit hits the fan it ends. Just like that. We're not talking a dynamic, roller coaster balance. The writers simply don't know where to go with their plot. Like a car suddenly making a 90 degree turn.

When you push it so hard that you ignore the opinions and interests of others. Instead of "recommending" Steins Gate, demanding someone get involved with the franchise is just idiotic rabid fanboyism. Steins Gate is not that great of a series. It does not explore any new concepts that have not already been done before. It's not even any better than other shows which have done this same time travel trope. I'm not looking to waste anybody's time on a series which does not have anything unique to offer.
Someone sounds butthurt

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't "push it so hard that I ignored the opinions and interests of others." The first post of mine you quote is me saying "You're not necessarily "not getting it." It could just not be for you." How exactly is that idiotic rabid fanboyism? If anything, you're the one ignoring the opinions and interests of all the people excited for Steins;Gate 0 by saying that Steins;Gate is a waste of everyone's time. If you want to have a serious discussion about the Steins;Gate series, go right ahead, I would love one. But if your only argument is that you don't like it, don't think it's unique, and anyone who recommends it is a rabid ignorant fanboy then I'm not interested.

Reactions: vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country

it has a ''Overwhemlingly positive'' score on Steam and at 8.7/10 aggregrated metacritic score, higher than recently released world of final fantasy and dragonquest builders. I think that tells people a lot more than a one many army hate train

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol