Gaming Steam out of region games

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone here know how to purchase games from plati.ru or direct through the Russian steam store?

I've been fsffing about with this for a few hours. I know i can purchase ru keys from other stores for an inflated price but i want to learn if anyone from the uk can make purchases from plati.ru.

Maybe there's someone from Russia who can do a middle man transaction, I however don't know anyone from Russia.

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive done that it works fine but you cant pay for anything as it detects an out of region debit card.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious, why do you need to buy from the Russian version of Steam?
Probably wants to get keys dirt cheap.

Didn't they implement a system that disallows people from doing the thing you're trying to do? Buying cheap out-of-region keys and then using them for your own region account?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably wants to get keys dirt cheap.

Didn't they implement a system that disallows people from doing the thing you're trying to do? Buying cheap out-of-region keys and then using them for your own region account?

Yeah. Depends on the game, but certain region keys can be locked to specific area. Russian keys are normally locked to Russia (maybe some other countries in that area as well) and you'll need a vpn to even launch them (against the steam tos, whether steam does anything is another matter).

D

Deleted User

Yeah. Depends on the game, but certain region keys can be locked to specific area. Russian keys are normally locked to Russia (maybe some other countries in that area as well) and you'll need a vpn to even launch them (against the steam tos, whether steam does anything is another matter).
I've heard about people getting banned or having their keys removed without refund for this sort of thing. I can personally confirm Steam staff do have the power to do the latter as I asked them to on a game I ragequitted.

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know they can ban but I don't care. Some are launch region locked some are activation region locked just depends. The keys are a lot cheaper. I need to get to know someone from Russia...

All the ones I've bought to date are just activation region locked.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i buy russian keys all the time. Been doing so for years. There are stories going around that steam bans you if you do but they don't. I haven't found one person that has been banned and since i'm already doing it for over a couple of years wikthout any warning whatsoever, it's fine !. Anyway i use Flyvpn. You just use a vpn to activate it on steam and when you do you can turn the vpn off since it's already activated and can be played anywhere, also check if English language is avaible because some don't. I bought Doom for 14 euro's on release. So again, don't worry they don't ban you ! The only stories that go around are guys who know some guys that have been banned wich is bullshit. Never seen any post anywhere from a guy claiming he himself was banned. It's always the same nonsense spouting posts '' i know a guy ''.

Last edited by kumikochan,
Reactions: CptPotato

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-