Tutorial  Updated

Stealth patching with ABGX360 [updated 2022]

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

2022: New fork of ABGX, please read the thread and other linked threads in this thread VERY carefully.

ABGX has been moved to a new a new host.
I urge you to read this first!​

Since patching with ABGX doesn't only patch the Topology data, it also checks for disc integrity, tampering, video padding, game hashes and more.
I've decided to make this thread to help others setting up ABGX and correctly verifying their backups.

First of all, install ABGX360 by downloading it here (you only need the ABGX appropriate for your OS)
Mirror link here.

After you installed it, launch the ABGX360 GUI and you will be greeted by a screen.
MpVYqEV.jpg

Next, click on "Options" and tick these boxes.
Ev7BjCs.jpg

Next, click on "Autofix" and tick these boxes.
aFEGaHN.jpg

Next, click on "Misc" and tick these boxes.
s1vqgGb.jpg

You'll need to select the corresponding region for ABGX with your console.
Most games are region free but some are region bound.
This will check what region it is or if it's region free.

And to finish setting it up, click on "File" and save the settings as default.
This will ensure you the settings are loaded each time you start ABGX.
KLjMujd.jpg

To load an ISO to check it for stealth, click on the little folder and load your ISO.
Kv6DOTD.jpg

After you selected the ISO, click on launch and sit back a few minutes.
A command line window will pop up and ABGX will be checking everything in the ISO for integrity/stealth and topology data.
lWWsqhm.jpg

The 2 red areas are the most important.
The first one is about the Topology data.
This is VITAL for assuring Stealth on XBLive.
If you don't have your topology data in place then you will be flagged!
ABGX will download this automatically from the server if it's missing/corrupt.

The second red area is about SplitVid.
SplitVid is an old method used to ensure Stealth on XBLive with the old iXtreme 1.4 firmwares.
This might show up yellow but you can ignore it as it's no longer needed ;]

If everything comes up green in ABGX then you've got a correctly patched ISO.
If you're unsure of it, run it again and wait till everything is green.

Newly released ISO's (leaked before release date) will be UNSAFE for XBLive!
ABGX doesn't have a CRC verification in it's data base so please wait until they can be verified!
If you can't wait to play the game then EVERYTHING will be on YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!
MS is known to ban people from playing games pre-release!
So if you care about XBLive then wait until the game is verified.

After you've checked your ISO's with ABGX, you'll be clear to proceed with burning it on a disc or copying it to the HDD for your ODDE.

Last edited by DinohScene,

Pete Campbell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi just followed this guide and have a couple questions
1. Is it okay to name your ISO files to whatever you want?
2. I noticed using this on couple of my games it does not even come up with the "Checking Topology Data" section is that a problem?
3. on a different iso the "Starting Verifaction" and "Starting Autofix" sections are yellow saying something like failed to find a ini file and autofix is failed is that a problem?

Walkin

travel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes
2. Double check that you have the options all set up correctly. It should always check topology data.
3. Make sure your .iso is not set to read only.

BruceBaldock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2. Double check that you have the options all set up correctly. It should always check topology data.
I noticed running abgx through my games that topology data does not show up on the logs on all my XGD2 (7.3gb) games but does show up on all my XGD3 (8.13gb) games.
I read somewhere that only these XGD2 games have AP checks
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty Black Ops
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Fable 3
Halo Reach
Assassins Creed Brotherhood

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Tip time! Have lots of iso's to check? Do them all in one big patch, then quickly scroll through the results to look for green. Then search Terminal for "topology" and keep tapping through all the results, flicking through the matches quickly will make failed topology stand out against all the passed ones which look the same.

For games that don't pass topology, use only on a console you don't mind getting banned. I wish I figured this out sooner, I've wasted so much time trying to keep track of which ones passed abgx or not, because I have a very large collection of backed up games. Just doing them all overnight and then searching the results for the word "failed" and "topology" would have been much easier.

EDIT: Where is your signature from DS?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't boot games that fail topology checks.
It'll flag your console (which may or may not lead you to a ban)

No clue, found it on the web ;p
I you want the original, it's here.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also note that just because you boot games on an offline profile or without being on the internet, it is still dangerous. The information is stored in the console's NAND and can still lead to a console ban.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I did not know that, shiiit. So that means that patching games for online profile and unproperly patched games for offline profile, is the same thing as not patching any of them at all? And that if I played an unproperly patched game just once, then there is no point properly patching others as the NAND has already caught on and is waiting for the next dashboard update to brick the console?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will not brick it. Only remove online functionality. If you do not want to be flagged/banned, do not put an unverified disc in your machine period.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you sign in in that profile a and the flag gets sent to MS then yes.
Atleast a mate of mine was also flagged and his profile showed up corrupted on his other 360 when he copied it with an USB drive.

However, redownloading the GT on a new 360 will undo the corrupted GT issue.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I'll have to live with never really knowing if my earlier actions have flagged any of the consoles I've worked on. Thanks for clearing this up, hope this helps some other users with regards to the point of doing the ABGX360 in the first place.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, since the Xbone has been released.
I dun think MS would ban you for AP2.5 triggers (the whole AP 2.5 system is flawed anyway)
This prolly also include topology triggers.
However, without the topology data in place, games wouldn't boot normally.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I think I've got this all figured out except two things I'm unsure of.

1. Say my console is flagged, when does the ban actually happen? I had assumed that the ban would only happen in the next dashboard update, or can the ban occur at any time? Can I still be flagged and update the dash fine only to sometime later be console banned?

2. Again say my console gets banned, is getting up and running again as simple as installing the xkey on another old xbox console and then putting the hard drive from the banned console into the replacement console (so then all game saves, profiles, and Xbox Live Gold Gamertags can be continued to be used)?

and

3. So I'm flagged and get console banned, the console will continue to run as normal just online connectivity will be completely disabled? Will I be able to download title updates and dashboard updates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse