Gaming Stealth game on DS

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Lunar Knights was more of a Children of Mana-type approach. I played through about 10 hours of it, but don't recall any stealth gameplay in it.

Really, I don't know of anything on DS right now that offers what you're probably looking for. I love Tenchu, but yeah, Dark Secrets was not a real Tenchu game. I still had some fun with it, but it's far from what could have and should have been done with the game.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything in the near future, either, since stealth-action seems to have fallen out of favor with most gamers. The consoles are still the only place to find a good one.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over the Hedge DS is a stealth game that got some praise. I never really got into it, but you might want to try it out.

Splinter Cell DS was considered pretty bad due to the terrible framerate. I sort of liked it a bit.

It's the Boktai series on GBA that had the stealth. Lunar Knights pretty much scrapped all that.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea...the stealth in the boktai series usually was serious enough (only used in situations) where if you get found or noticed, its either instant game over or mission restart, death, or massive loss of health/energy. You seriously should pick up the boktai's >_>, best gba stealth games ever.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Yea...the stealth in the boktai series usually was serious enough (only used in situations) where if you get found or noticed, its either instant game over or mission restart, death, or massive loss of health/energy. You seriously should pick up the boktai's >_>, best gba stealth games ever.
Yep!
gbasp.gif
Too bad the third game in the series was never localized though.
frown.gif
Maybe someone will translate it someday.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dylan said:
i really dont see how lunar knights has anything to do with stealth
It's part of the Boktai series(which used stealth). But it's pretty much optional in Lunar Knights and doesn't help much. This is pretty much what the other posts said if you read them.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Seraph said:
Dylan said:
i really dont see how lunar knights has anything to do with stealth
It's part of the Boktai series(which used stealth). But it's pretty much optional in Lunar Knights and doesn't help much. This is pretty much what the other posts said if you read them.

I played through it and didn't use stealth. Its obviously very optional.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Over the Hedge DS is a stealth game that got some praise. I never really got into it, but you might want to try it out.

Splinter Cell DS was considered pretty bad due to the terrible framerate. I sort of liked it a bit....

Well, I played through all of Over The Hedge, and though the basics have to do with remaining unseen, there are no real stealth mechanics. I wouldn't call it a stealth-action game at all. Good game, though, but more of a puzzle platformer.

Splinter Cell, on the other hand, was poor (in my opinion) because of it's control set-up. It was almost laid out like a PC version, and on the DS it was clumsy as all hell. The frame rate was forgivable, but I couldn't tolerate the controls for long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, im now by episode 8 of lain