Starting native firmware without removing hacking on Nintendo 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by botik, May 29, 2019.

1. botik
    OP

botik Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2017
    Russia
    1. Run Godmod9 and follow the path CTRNAND -> title -> 00040138 -> 20000002 -> content -> ???????? app -> NCCH image option -> Mount image to drive -> exefs ->. firm -> Copy (0: / gm9 / out)

2. Rename the '.firm' file on the SD card for example to native.firm and copy it to the SD folder: / luma / payload /

3.Now, if you turn on START and start native.firm, then the official firmware will be loaded (pirated games will not work). Do not be afraid that the Luma3DS will return at the next reboot.

P.S.
    But if you want an official on an ongoing basis, rename native.firm to boot.firm and drop it into the root of the SD card with the replacement.

The main point is to check whether it is possible to remove the hacking without consequences. At risk, those who have changed movable.sed who have banned by changing LocalFriendCode. My console was able to start the official one only after returning the original movable.sed.

Last edited by botik, May 30, 2019
  2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Why should we do this?

3. Engezerstorung

Engezerstorung Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2011
    France
    i guess if you put this native.firm as the boot.firm in the CRT it could be a way to stealth the CFW by removing the SD card?

question : by using the native.firm as boot.firm does start and select do anything?

4. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Then copy and paste the boot.firm to sysnand. And you can boot up the 3ds without sd card.

5. Engezerstorung

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2011
    France
    i knew that, my point is that by putting this native.firm in the ctr you can have a 3DS that look totally unhacked by itself (no chainloader or config menu with start/select, no unnoficial game launching or homebrew available on the console), well, except if the person examining your 3DS try to put a .firm in your sd to see if it launch

6. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Makes no sense for me to do this. Or with other words written...i don't understand why!?

7. Engezerstorung

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2011
    France
    it could be needed, for stuff like tournament or i dont know what situation having a hacked 3DS could be bad for you

8. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    For devs, debugging errors (sometimes for exploit development). For end users, sometimes errors can be caused by cfw, and this is one way to workaround them.

Some people may also be paranoid about going online with cfw, and this gives them peace of mind.

Quantumcat likes this.
  9. botik
    OP

botik Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2017
    Russia
    Attention !!! If you boot into native.firm and connect to the Internet and in the settings try to update the system, then B9S is REMOVE!!!! Tested on 11.10

Quantumcat and Xyphoseos like this.
  10. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The backup reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    That is not very surprising as the CFW (usually Luma) protects FIRM0/FIRM1 from being overwritten by the official updater. Nevertheless a good warning.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Standard-features

Not loading CFW, not protecting FIRM0/1.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, May 30, 2019
    Quantumcat likes this.