Starfox/On-Rails shooters for PSP (or PSX)?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by manobon, Apr 5, 2009.

Apr 5, 2009
  1. manobon
    OP

Member manobon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone know of any Original Starfox on-rails space themed shooters for PSP? Or even PSX games? On Gravity just doesn't suck me in due to the pockets-of-space sections. Or, if there are none of those, just any on-rails shooters? (not FPS's, but like Time Crisis, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

2. scooochie4

Newcomer scooochie4 Advanced Member

Ireland
    Have you tried Einhander for psx?

3. manobon
    OP

United States
    No, I haven't tried Einhander- and I certainly will after I watched some of the youtube clips- but that's definitely not what I meant by Starfox/on-rails- that is, anything that is a "behind the ship"/first-person-ish point of view (as in, Starfox on SNES, or most of Starfox 64?).

Thanks for the recommendation though- Einhander looks like fun.

4. manobon
    OP

United States
    Not an attempt to bump- Just wanted to point out to anyone who conducted a similar search on this forum that they should check out Xyanide Ressurrection (EUR/JP) for the PSP. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted to find for an arcadey-spaceship-shooter fix...

The only thing I have against it is that there are no 'invert-axis' controls...or Any control-setup options for that matter. (So, up is up, despite what gaming has taught you about flying space ships)

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Have you looked at the Colony Wars PSX games? Or even G-Police? Not on the rails though but sort of what you want.

6. Devil May Cry

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Or just get a emu for the SNES or N64 and skip the formalities. Starfox 64 runs pretty well in Daedalus (especially without sound).

7. morcar

Member morcar GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You can always try Wing Commander for the ps1 also i think they did WC3 and WC4 both were on around 4 discs in all and had loads of FMV with some famous actors. I also think wing commander 1 was on the snes along with the expansion missions.