Gaming Starcraft

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who here still plays Starcraft? That game is so amazing, I've had it since 2002! X-tra Editor FTW!
grog.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I haven't played it for a while, but I may play it later this summer against some of my friends
biggrin.gif

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I used to play it a lot, but I would only play the UMS maps and those would constantly get "rigged" or edited. I don't play it much anymore after playing so many Cat and Mice and protect the president games. Then there would be people that would back stab you and crash hackers. I kind of got sick of it so I'm just waiting for Starcraft 2 and hope it is better.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
X-tra Editor FTW!
grog.gif
I personally use SCMDraft, but its trigger editor is terrible so I end up using X-tra Editor. I never completed a map though. I got too discouraged to ever finish any because of all of the fakes. All I ever did was play UMS because I was bad at melee.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
I used to play it a lot, but I would only play the UMS maps and those would constantly get "rigged" or edited. I don't play it much anymore after playing so many Cat and Mice and protect the president games. Then there would be people that would back stab you and crash hackers. I kind of got sick of it so I'm just waiting for Starcraft 2 and hope it is better.

I liked Cat N' Mouse games as long as they were not ridged. My favorite UMS game would be one called Starship Troopers!

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_head said:
Nin10doFan said:
I hope they're going to release a demo to download soon of SC2...

200th Post!

sry mate. they said sc2 demo/beta will be closed source (not for public)
frown.gif
bastards
closed source would mean they dont share the source code, which is extremely common among commercial games. I'm assuming you mean closed beta, in which case, assuming they handle the SC2 beta the same as the BC beta (which I participated in), if you have an active, registered battle.net account you are eligible to win a spot in the beta

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd still be playing this game everyday like I did in when it came out till about 2002 but I can't stand how you can't change the resolution. As the graphics look horibble on my native 1920x1200 monitor. I wish you could change the Point of view (how much you see on the screen) like it does when you use the map editor in higher resolutions.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Use 3DAnalyze on Starcraft & you can go upto 1600x1200.

all you got to do with 3DAnalyze, look for starcraft.exe & Storm.dll as the dll file, set up your gfx card nVidia/ati refresh rates as 85Hz on all resolutions except 1600x1200 which i set as 100hz, and then force 100hz in 3DAnalyza & save the batch file, then run 3DAnaylze & it'll work.

Sprites are a little bug'ed although, & HUD/GUI is very small, be warned as you prob. can see the whole map on a single screen
biggrin.gif

or Method 2, you can use a special app that makes Broodwar run in a window to make it look less blurry for some people, not sure if it works on the original though.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
guys, my monitor is 1280x1024 but when i play starcraft these days the left and right edges of the game are cropped out of view.

anyone know a solution?
or do i gotta change my resolution temporarily (while playing) or something? (i haven't really bothered playing around with this)

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SavageWaffle said:
Protons FTW
And any starcraft fan should watch this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rx4sOAt2EPM
Imitation/Joke of starcraft "commands" when you move a guy. Even if its korean, you can still understand it.

Protoss?
(Actually it's been too long since I stopped playing, so I can't spell the races correctly)
I think the last one was actually weak in terms of impression, but whatever made the audiences happy.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love StarCraft, heck, i had just finished a meele a few minutes ago
damn, it is so cool, although it looks fine on my mac
zerg rush them
tongue.gif

(just click command-m on macs to make it a window)
its still fun
i hope my friend will play with me today
frown.gif

he didnt yesterday

:'(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i dont have a wii u so not me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Steam
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm seeing a bunch of people trying to sell consoles for way more than what they are actually worth (regardless of the overall conditions) just because of the fucking motherboard revision
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get the amount of work behind it but it's more to brag hey look at me original hardware
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I was so confused when I saw 3 consoles costing twice as much as the average price you would expect
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh