Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Modding

Valdrrak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All, just wondering if I am missing anything for the switch version of kotor1.

I am trying to install some mods via the romfs method and I have put files in the override but I am not seeing any changes.

I am trying to use yuzu to test these mods before I transfer them to the switch (as well as to see the file structure) - The game is booting and everything just not seeing changes.

The file structure I am using is - 0100854015868000 -> romfs -> override

I have never used yuzu till now so I am not sure if this is a yuzu problem or the game isnt picking up the mods.

Valdrrak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Means mods are possible on switch?
Yes, I have them all working, so far I have the restoration mod and some spells/skills tweaks and texture replacers all working, I havent seen anything that doesnt work so far. Just follow basic romfs rules and it worked, like with Skyrim. To install alot of the kotor mods, they have installers but you should be able to point them to an empty folder to install then just throw all that stuff in your romfs folder.

Reactions: TeleTubby666

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch version of the game is the definitive version. It has a texture overhaul already located inside the override folder of the game. I was digging though it because i was wondering why on earth it was over 3x the size of the original.

Valdrrak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Switch version of the game is the definitive version. It has a texture overhaul already located inside the override folder of the game. I was digging though it because i was wondering why on earth it was over 3x the size of the original.
Oh is that what they were, I assumed they were lower textures to make it work on the switch lmao, well thats nice to know. still not restoration though :P

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh is that what they were, I assumed they were lower textures to make it work on the switch lmao, well thats nice to know. still not restoration though :P
No they actually increased the resolution. the original game came out before 720p was even a standard let alone 16:9 aspect ratio. the textures are faithful to the original but they are indeed different if you actually go back and do comparisons even in the starting area. the floor is probably the most obvious texture change there. Its interesting to me that nobody is talking about it lol. the original game is only 4gb yet the switch version is over 12gb. the size difference is probably mostly the textures, also possible the movies got an upscale pass or something as well. havent looked much further than the textures.

Reactions: Valdrrak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: