Star Wars Force Unleashed II E3 2010 trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gametrailers has released a new trailer for the Force Unleashed 2 ahead of schedule. It is apparently the official trailer for E3, and i must say i'm impressed and intrigued at the story behind it. Take a look-

Other link- http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=126810

This apparently begins not too long after the first Force Unleashed. I would imagine what i'm about to say would potentially spoil the first Force Unleashed, so i'll keep it in the spoiler tags shall I?
tongue.gif

The game begins soon after the character Starkiller beat Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader in a duel, rescuing his new friends, and becoming the catalyst of the rebel alliance. That's what happened at the end of TFU1, and we all assumed Vader's secret apprentice had died (thanks to Vader pronouncing him dead on the scene). Turns out he may or may not have, because there are a bunch of Starkiller clones that are being manufactured by Vader presumably in an attempt to make some kind of superpowered sith army. It is left purposefully unknown whether we will be playing as a clone, or the real Starkiller in this game. Remember that Starkiller is supposed to be dead, so how could the sith have not noticed his life force had he survived? We do know that the clones seem to share some of his memories and we also know that the clones are not perfect copies, as you cannot perfectly copy an original force user's power (confirmed in an interview a while ago). All shall be explained of course.

So basically, this is the sequel to the first Force Unleashed. After a rather lackluster list of reviews citing all sorts of technical flaws and boring gameplay, Lucasarts has decided to make a sequel and hopes to fix all the issues with the first game. In past interviews, developers have mentioned that they intend to improve lightsaber combat to make it more like it should be (hopefully meaning we won't have to cut a stormtrooper 5 times just to slice him in half, sabers should be able to do that in one hit). They hope also to improve the storytelling and characters. And i personally have to say, besides Starkiller's monologue, i was rather impressed. We can only hope the gameplay will be good, we have yet to see any of that.

This game is releasing for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, DS, iPhone, and PC's. There has been information stating that the PS3 version will use the Move controller for lightsaber combat. I would assume the same is true for the Wii version with the Wiimote. Lucasarts expressed their disappointment that the first TFU was released before Motionplus was released and would like to develop a sequel using it. Maybe this will be their time. I would speculate that n-space is doing the DS version again, but we'll see.

Game releasing October 26th this year. I must say i'm more excited for this than the first one, hope it lives up to the promises, and hope to see some gameplay soon!
biggrin.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Video removed by user?
First game was good I finished it twice and the DLC I'd give it an 8/10 for a Star Wars game lol 7.5/10 as a stand alone (if that makes sense).

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright judging by the cinematic trailer I would say that this is definately the original character from the first game.

I wish gameplay in all games could be even close to as epic as the cinematic trailers, but sadly many games that try often become quick time scenes which kills the game.

EDIT: also I would bet good money that you will have to fight all those clones in the game

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Holy hell that looks awesome! Even though its a cinematic trailer and no gameplay (probably a month or two till that) it looks like its from some new Star Wars movie that is not connected to the original.

I remember when the first one hit the stores here and I was like "OMG Finally!". Played it through a couple times (I got it for PS2) and got bored. Sucked that there was no multiplay or re-playability.

I also heard that the Wii version of the first one was a straight port of PS2 version.

I hope that this will be different on each console, and that they put a bit more effort for the Wii.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are those CGI graphics? If so, they look stunning! (I know it's not actual gameplay, but still!)

Definitely interested in this, I absolutely LOVED the first game, I found it to be the best Star Wars game ever, actually, so obviously I can't wait to see what this is goin to be like!
yay.gif

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The beginning of the video seriously makes me doubt that the Marek in this trailer is a clone, but following the idea that he is: That Marek doesn't know there are other clones and believes he's the original Marek and is looking for Juno. But, as I said, I don't believe it's a clone.

I believe that we'll encounter those clones that Vader looked at in the trailer throughout the game and we'll have to fight them.

Oh, Marek taking on all those Stormtrooper's was epic. Dual-lightsaber's will hopefully make for good gameplay and awesome QTE's. The one's in the first Force Unleashed were cool, but got boring after watching like four billion times. =|

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm also hoping for more replay ability and customisation.

In the PSP version you could only control single sabers in all modes; if there's a similar mode to "Force Unleashed" then I'd want there to be a saberstaff option too.

Hoping the game doesn't change too much from the trailer, although graphics will change depending on console , obviously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: will @SylverReZ scalp Switch 2s? :)