Star Wars Battlefront 3D

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by NeoSupaMario, Jan 2, 2012.

Jan 2, 2012

Star Wars Battlefront 3D by NeoSupaMario at 11:25 PM (4,520 Views / 0 Likes) 83 replies

1. NeoSupaMario
    OP

Member NeoSupaMario GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus

United States
    Hey guys i just had a few games i thought should be remade 4 the 3ds (they're all SW) Star Wars Battlefront (port of the original, as a fps), star wars: Rouge Squadron, and Star Wars: Ep. I Racer. Do u guys agree? also, plz feel free to post ideas for other SW games that should be remade 4 the 3ds. :)

2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    rouge squadron i would really like to see make a come back, even a 3ds version would be great, but it is lucasarts we are on about and they hate the idea of there old games being re-released for some reason

1 person likes this.
  3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Uhhhh....

I think it's just an issue of LucasArts spending more time pursuing shitty games like Force Unleashed and all the dumb cartoon based games and not actually giving something fans want. I don't even know why, Battlefront 2 was (and still is) played quite a bit. I guess it's easier to make shit like Kinect Star Wars than taking time to craft a good TPS game.

Also, what's the point in having it on the 3DS when I can have it on a console with better graphics, better online, better controls, and basically a lot of what made Battlefront great to begin with? I'm really getting sick of these "EVERY GAME SHOULD BE ON THE 3DS" threads.

1 person likes this.
  4. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    in my opinion it was really telltell who kicked off the monkey island franchise again with tales of and lucasarts then cashed in on remaking the first 2 games. it seems a shame that curse of hasn't even had a release digitally nor some of there other classic like the x wing series or other click n point games they made.

5. Memoir

Member Memoir Undeserved

United States

blah...blah.....blah...

This, honestly, is probably one of the FEW threads that I've read where it says '[name of game] should be remade on 3DS." I could be wrong... and the threads could very well have been locked and hidden away before I could have read them. I don't know.

Anyway, yea, I would like to see a Battlefront game on this console. The PSP had a decent one. The DS port was pretty much awkward with its top down persepective. Also, I think rogue squadron would do well. You could give voice commands (via the mic) or using the touch screen. :)

5 people like this.
  6. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Thank you! Seriously, he act like vita threads aren't doing the same thing and his same tired comments didn't downplay the vita.

3 people like this.
  7. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I could have bought Skyrim on the PS3, but that version took an arrow in the knee.

Nothing wrong with having a version of a game on a particular device, because you know, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

3 people like this.
  8. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    Rogue Squadron on 3DS you say?

Trench run in 3D, give it to me right now Factor 5 um, whoever owns the rights. :P

9. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    I would hate this game without dual analogs... D:

1 person likes this.
  10. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would love to see the original arcade ported to the 3DS. 3D vectors would rule!

11. nintendoom

Member nintendoom Nintendoom

Antarctica
    3DS Circle Pad Pro.

12. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    Wait... the DS had a Battlefront title? I could have sworn it has none... because IIRC, Lord of the Rings: Conquest is currently the only capture-fhe-flag styled game on the DS.

anyways, I enjoyed immensely the Battlefront one on the PSP. the on-foot sequences were tough but fun, but i love the space battles. probably why I bought Ace Combat so I can have more dog fights.

13. cuamoose

Newcomer cuamoose Member

United States
  14. Omega_2

Member Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    You know...Ep 1 Racer would do well on the 3ds, seeing how people might like steering with the gyroscope, and even if they don't, there's still the circle pad.
    Touch screen for the Info/HUD/Diagnostics/damage/heat/etc.
    Rig up some local multiplayer, host tourneys, or just go all the way and do wifi matches, lol.
    (Then again, Big N hasn't given me mah F-Zero since forever, too. Serious, guys..why isn't F-Zero seeing next gen

15. AaronUzumaki

Member AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

United States
    You know, I've never seen Guild NOT talking down the 3DS. So you like Sony/Vita, so what? Can't both be good?

On Topic:
    Battle Front (preferably II) would work fantastically on 3DS, because the game was pretty good on PSP and the 3DS hosts better control options, so it could easily play well. Also, assuming the 3DS follows the trend that every Nintendo portable has (Virtual Boy was not portable), most everyone will have one, so an online mode could be fantastic and widely populated (assuming they put a little effort into making it a smooth, likable experience). Of course there is always the added bonus of 3D, which works well in everything I've tried so far. I am crossing my fingers for this title, or something similar.

16. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    I know but still D:

17. NeoSupaMario
    OP

United States
    Well... Metroid: prime hunters controlls on NDS wasn't so bad. Battlefront 3D could have a similar control scheme. The circle pad pro accessory (assuming it's released in countries besides japan) would be the perfect control scheme for it. Same for rouge squadron and ep. 1 racer. Also, here's a fun idea: when posting your ideas on it, come up with a name for the remake/sequel (Plz other than Battlefront 3D, Rouge Squadron 3D, etc.)

18. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Star Wars Battlefront II on 3DS would actually be my dream

19. insidexdeath

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    Well I never knew graphics make a game.

20. NeoSupaMario
    OP

United States
    Exactly! Everyone wants a fps, portable, 3D Battlefront game, right? As long as it has decent graphics (n64 polygonal at worst) I would get it.

1 person likes this.