Gaming Star Wars Battlefront 3D

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently started playing Battlefront 2 on PC, man have I been missing out. This game is probably the best Star Wars game I've ever played, and I've played quite a few. Someday I might start the campaign, but online is amazing.

I did enjoy the Battlefront game the DS got though, it was actually pretty good(and much better than LotR Conquest was), the plot was surprisingly interesting. It was too bad it was top-down instead of proper 3rd-person although the final battle is pretty close. I'd love for a new Battlefront game to come out on 3DS. Sure the graphics wouldn't be as good as a sequel done on CryEngine 3, but they'd be more than good enough. Now would be a great time to release a Battlefront 3 across all platforms(PC, 360, PS3, Vita, 3DS), with the Vita and 3DS version being scaled back in the graphics and AI capabilities and the PC version capable of next-gen visuals on powerful machines.

The controls wouldn't be a problem. So many people complain about touchscreen aiming, but it does work(better than dual analogs even). They just don't want to put in any effort into learning a new control method. Well then you babies, there's something called a "Circle Pad Pro" coming out soon that could be implemented as an optional control scheme.

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Thats it! (at least for ep I racer and rouge squadron) get nintendo to release the n64 version of the two games on the nintendo eshop as virtual console games!!!! Now the problem is how do we get a first and/or third person shooter Battlefront 3ds game....

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Battlefront games on PSP were great... the only problem I had with them was that you used buttons for looking up, down, left, right.. and with the Circle Pad Pro that problem would be fixed.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I never knew graphics make a game.

No but it's just one of the inherent benefits (amongst others) that comes with HD consoles.

Also more power in the console means you can have more people on the field with larger environments without the dreaded "fog". There's really nothing that the 3DS brings to the table that would warrant a Battlefront title for it. It's far less qualified than a Xbox 360 or PS3... Or even a VIta if you wanted to go there. Even then I'd say a Vita is a meh choice compared to a Xbox or PS3.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rouge squadron i would really like to see make a come back, even a 3ds version would be great, but it is lucasarts we are on about and they hate the idea of there old games being re-released for some reason

Uhhhh....

I think it's just an issue of LucasArts spending more time pursuing shitty games like Force Unleashed and all the dumb cartoon based games and not actually giving something fans want. I don't even know why, Battlefront 2 was (and still is) played quite a bit. I guess it's easier to make shit like Kinect Star Wars than taking time to craft a good TPS game.

Also, what's the point in having it on the 3DS when I can have it on a console with better graphics, better online, better controls, and basically a lot of what made Battlefront great to begin with? I'm really getting sick of these "EVERY GAME SHOULD BE ON THE 3DS" threads.
Question... do you own a handheld??? if not then you are obviously asking the wrong questions.. WE DONT WANT TO PLAY IT ON A GOD DAMN CONSOLE!!!!!!!!.... that is why we bought HANDHELD GAMMING DEVICES... i could have bought a xbox, no one bought this for me, so why do people like you try to say stupid shit like that? i dont like playing on consoles all the time i would rather play it in the palm of my hand,,,,,, so there is your answer, why is it so hard for people to understand. if i wanted to play on a 360 i would have bought one... der

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question... do you own a handheld??? if not then you are obviously asking the wrong questions.. WE DONT WANT TO PLAY IT ON A GOD DAMN CONSOLE!!!!!!!!.... that is why we bought HANDHELD GAMMING DEVICES... i could have bought a xbox, no one bought this for me, so why do people like you try to say stupid shit like that? i dont like playing on consoles all the time i would rather play it in the palm of my hand,,,,,, so there is your answer, why is it so hard for people to understand. if i wanted to play on a 360 i would have bought one... der

My whole point is that there are games that shouldn't be on handhelds because it's a contradiction between handheld pros and console pros. Why would you want to play a game that's multiplayer focused on a console that has a more limited control scheme and limited online capabilities? It doesn't make sense. Odds are if you're playing this online you'd just at home anyway. Might as well boot up whatever console you have and use that.

I'm personally getting sick of all these "GAME X SHOULD BE ON THE 3DS!" threads because it seems that everyone is under the impression that anything can work on the 3DS. You can't just take any game idea and instantly think they'd work on the 3DS. As a developer, if I was making an online centered game such as Battlefront, why would I put it on an online limited console? It's just incredibly stupid.

The whole "I WANT IT PORTABLE" argument is null when the game in question focuses on features that certainly don't work on a portable console, or don't work nearly as well on a portable console.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My whole point is that there are games that shouldn't be on handhelds because it's a contradiction between handheld pros and console pros. Why would you want to play a game that's multiplayer focused on a console that has a more limited control scheme and limited online capabilities? It doesn't make sense. Odds are if you're playing this online you'd just at home anyway. Might as well boot up whatever console you have and use that.

I'm personally getting sick of all these "GAME X SHOULD BE ON THE 3DS!" threads because it seems that everyone is under the impression that anything can work on the 3DS. You can't just take any game idea and instantly think they'd work on the 3DS. As a developer, if I was making an online centered game such as Battlefront, why would I put it on an online limited console? It's just incredibly stupid.

The whole "I WANT IT PORTABLE" argument is null when the game in question focuses on features that certainly don't work on a portable console, or don't work nearly as well on a portable console.
i mostly play my 3ds sitting on my couche in front of my tv, all the whilst my wii is sitting off ..... i dont want to tunr the fucking console on, i want to play it in my fucking hand. why do you just blindly read past that part... i hate gamming on a console anywhere anytime,, would much rather play it in my hand.. and as of so far we dont know if the 3ds could handle it, it is only using 2gb cartriges right now, just wait until they get a year or so into it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mostly play my 3ds sitting on my couche in front of my tv, all the whilst my wii is sitting off ..... i dont want to tunr the fucking console on, i want to play it in my fucking hand. why do you just blindly read past that part... i hate gamming on a console anywhere anytime,, would much rather play it in my hand.. and as of so far we dont know if the 3ds could handle it, it is only using 2gb cartriges right now, just wait until they get a year or so into it.

You can turn your console on and off with your Wiimote. What makes this any different from sitting on your couch with a 3DS? It probably takes just as much effort to turn on your Wii and TV as it does to play with your 3DS. Even then, it's a fucking TV and Wii, what bothers you so much from turning it on and off? Are you cursed with some incredible form of OCD that makes you very particular on what electronics are on and off? Right now the argument I'm getting is basically "I want to play it in my 3DS because I can look down instead of forward", which is just really dumb.

When I was talking about 3DS limitations I was talking more about online capabilities. It's nothing compared to the Xbox 360 or PS3. Graphics wise, I just don't know if it could handle a massive amount of people playing online at once. What fun is Battlefront when it's only a small amount of people?

I just think your argument just comes down to "I want it on the 3DS because I want it on the 3DS" when reasonably you'd just buy it for a Xbox 360 or PS3 like a reasonable person (and it'll never come to the Wii so I wouldn't even bother suggesting it).

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus, you can play handhelds at school or in the car. Battlefront is one of the games people wanna be able to play in the car or during lunch break at school or work. Let me ask you this: can you play 360, wii, ps2/3 in the car or at school or at work?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus, you can play handhelds at school or in the car. Battlefront is one of the games people wanna be able to play in the car or during lunch break at school or work. Let me ask you this: can you play 360, wii, ps2/3 in the car or at school or at work?

Who wants to play Battlefront without multiplayer? Sure you have Instant Action and the so-so campaign but most of the thrill comes from playing online. Battlefront is a game you want to play online, not alone sitting in a car/bus/etc.

NeoSupaMario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello? Haven't u heard of how 3ds connects to other systems and wifi for multiplayer?! It's just as good as xbox, wii, and ps!!!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello? Haven't u heard of how 3ds connects to other systems and wifi for multiplayer?! It's just as good as xbox, wii, and ps!!!

Except you won't have WiFi in the car or bus and its iffy on your typical lunch scenario and it's not like someone has a 3DS around every corner.

Also, it's absolutely not better than a Xbox or PS3 in terms of multiplayer. If you think it is then you're absolutely jaded.

Reactions: 1 person

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rouge squadron i would really like to see make a come back, even a 3ds version would be great, but it is lucasarts we are on about and they hate the idea of there old games being re-released for some reason

Uhhhh....

I think it's just an issue of LucasArts spending more time pursuing shitty games like Force Unleashed and all the dumb cartoon based games and not actually giving something fans want. I don't even know why, Battlefront 2 was (and still is) played quite a bit. I guess it's easier to make shit like Kinect Star Wars than taking time to craft a good TPS game.

Also, what's the point in having it on the 3DS when I can have it on a console with better graphics, better online, better controls, and basically a lot of what made Battlefront great to begin with? I'm really getting sick of these "EVERY GAME SHOULD BE ON THE 3DS" threads.

portability

better graphics, better online, better controls,
strange i have the psp one and i dint give a shit about the shitty graphics or controls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU