Gaming Star Ocean 2:Second Story!

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So who else is looking forward to it? After the dismal failure that is Star Ocean:1 on PSP, this game seems to be 10x better.
Plus it will be a nice way to spend the time until Star Ocean 4 comes out (unless i decide to rebuy Star Ocean 3)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, i think the torrent was dumped, i found a website that seems pretty promising, i gotta check it out.

Heres the Spec's incase your wondering

Specs.
**This upload is compressed**
Language: English
Original Size: 1.46GIGS
Type: .ISO
Winrar: YES
Compression: BEST
Compression Size: 917MB
Tested and working
on the new Dark Alex 5.00 M33-4 CFW

Double Edit: Err scratch that >_>, download says its gonna take 94 hours @_@

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
This is nice and all, but the first Star Ocean on PSP a failure? No way
sad.gif

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was just so boring.....I mean, i was a die hard Star Ocean 3 fan (i even brought the 700+ page strategy guide, and read practically every page), and had about 90+ hours playtime. But i just couldnt get into the first one, the story was so predictable, and the gameplay felt like a cheap version of Tales of Phantasia or something.

EDIT: And wow LOL at my download, went from 94 hours, to 2 hours, then up to 226 hours, this might take a while

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
The only Star ocean I've played is the one on the PSP, and I liked it, but then I accidently skipped this one area and don't really feel like back tracking and going back to continue the story. Do you need to play the first one to understand the story line for the 2nd one? Is it still hack and slash?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely different time-line i think, but this one is way more refined from what i heard, and the difficulty is higher.
On a side note, i just finally hit 10%, my download time keeps going from 2 hours to 618 hours >_>, horay for 300 people leeching, and no one wanting to seed.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:
Do you need to play the first one to understand the story line for the 2nd one? Is it still hack and slash?
Ronyx from the first game is Claude's dad; Claude's mother is never mentioned but it's heavily hinted at who it is in the first game.

Ronyx is also in the intro and a few sequences, but is not playable in this game.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im 2% from finishing the download, and going from the comments on the site, it seems that this is actually the ISO, that and the fact the numbers on leechers went from 180 to about 400+ in under 20 minutes.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probally yeah, my dang download froze at 99% >_>, im gonna be so pissed if it crashes or something.
Fail.....after 6+ hours of DLing, my file freezes at 99%, i open it thinking its finished and just had a glitch, and the thing is corrupt, and the DL starts back over at 0% with 81 hours remaining.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Meh... in my opinion, the First Departure was so mediocre. The battle system was boring, the constant random battles were annoying, the graphics could have been better. I'm not too excited for this one.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is the one where they made an anime adaptation of it right? I loved this one on the PSX even though I never finished it because I couldn't find a save point somewhere late game. Really looking forward to it.
yaypsp.gif

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got home to a completed download! Almost as good as coming back from the bathroom to your dinner table and seeing that the food is already there. I'll be letting this seed for a while, and in the meanwhile, I'm gonna try this game out. I'll let you know what I think... if I don't get distracted.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played Star ocean 1 on the Snes, year's ago.

I was waiting for the PSP remake version, but I got very disappointed when I saw the graphics were all remade and different.
The game lose it's primary interest (graphically the best game on snes). I wished they kept the graphical Tiles system and not a pre-rendered CG. Even the map is bad
frown.gif

I don't like this version.

Fortunately, Star Ocean 2 was already in 3D, so the game might keep it's visual and feeling.

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing it right now. The beginning has a LOT of dialogue. I hate it when there's way too much dialogue in the beginning. Makes me wanna yawn. I'm sure it'll get better though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night