Star Citizen unveils the Legatus Pack that costs $27,000

starcit.PNG

In 2012, Star Citizen, a mere concept of an MMO spiritual successor to the Wing Commander series, was shown to the world for the first time during a Kickstarter campaign. It would later go on to become the most successful crowd funded project ever, raising more than 150 million dollars to date. With no scheduled release date in sight, Cloud Imperium Games, the company behind the project, has decided to unveil one of the most expensive DLC packs to ever exist in a game. For a mere $27,000 you'll be able to access the Legatus Pack, which includes nearly every ship in the game, (117 to be exact) along with tons of ship upgrades and skins (163 items). Of course, you can only see a list of the items, as it is right now. If you want to get a more in-depth description of the Legatus Pack, you'll have to spend at minimum $1,000 on Star Citizen, a game of which is still in alpha, and isn't anywhere close to having a release date yet. In the unlikely event that you did spend that amount, you can click the link to the official site to see it. Otherwise, the source link includes a minimal list of the items you get in the pack. Star Citizen is set to launch for Windows and Linux eventually.

:arrow: Source

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those moments in life where you'd rather buy virtual ships for an unreleased game rather than something like a car in real life.
Those don't exist but I mean if your a powerful executive who wants to screw with everyone go ahead

D

Deleted User

if this game ever actually gets released (and thats a HUGE IF) i bet people will be more disappointed with it than they were with no man's sky lol (seriously though 27 THOUSAND dollar dlc is insane it blows my mind that they can even get away with this shit ESPECIALLY for a game that is not even remotley close to being released)

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
$27,000 :blink::wtf::wacko:

Are there any better faces here to react to this outrage!?:ohnoes:
And the game has some major performance problems even on top hardware... And that really not because it looks that good. The game does look very good don't get me wrong, but it dosn't justifies the hardware you need to run it somewhat smooth.

If you want to get a more in-depth description of the Legatus Pack, you'll have to spend at minimum $1,000 on Star Citizen, a game of which is still in alpha, and isn't anywhere close to having a release date yet.
Wait. You have to spend $1000 just to find out which ingame items you for freaking $27000 not get? (The listing of the missing items better is there too. I mean if I'm insane enough to spend that much for DLC of course I want a list with everything else I still miss :mellow:).

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think its the same for everybody else
They'll have to reduce the price by more then 99% to make it worth it
You should look-up how expensive these ships in the game can become. $27000 for 117 ships is really inexpensive and therefore you could argue it's "worth it", but honestly if you buy it I advice to visit a doctor for your mind. Just for fun ;)

Reactions: CallmeBerto
D

Deleted User

Not even released and they want you to spend 27 grand. Whatever they're smoking, i'm gonna ask my guy to try get some, cus its fucking WACKY!

Reactions: codezer0 and Chary

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Are people still paying for this scam? I know people from other Forums that have spent hundreds, some thousands, on this obvious scam. There is still no actual gameplay worth it enough to spend a penny on it.

Reactions: Bitchplease

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them