Star Citizen unveils the Legatus Pack that costs $27,000

starcit.PNG

In 2012, Star Citizen, a mere concept of an MMO spiritual successor to the Wing Commander series, was shown to the world for the first time during a Kickstarter campaign. It would later go on to become the most successful crowd funded project ever, raising more than 150 million dollars to date. With no scheduled release date in sight, Cloud Imperium Games, the company behind the project, has decided to unveil one of the most expensive DLC packs to ever exist in a game. For a mere $27,000 you'll be able to access the Legatus Pack, which includes nearly every ship in the game, (117 to be exact) along with tons of ship upgrades and skins (163 items). Of course, you can only see a list of the items, as it is right now. If you want to get a more in-depth description of the Legatus Pack, you'll have to spend at minimum $1,000 on Star Citizen, a game of which is still in alpha, and isn't anywhere close to having a release date yet. In the unlikely event that you did spend that amount, you can click the link to the official site to see it. Otherwise, the source link includes a minimal list of the items you get in the pack. Star Citizen is set to launch for Windows and Linux eventually.

:arrow: Source

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If I had $28,000 to spare, I would get a better PC and maybe take a tropical holiday. Are these guys for real? Or did EA hack into their servers?

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
At this point they're no better than the Kickstarter who spent all the money on Booze and Strippers.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Star Citizen is absolutely outrageous. They secured over 150 million in crowdfunding and have so uselessly bloated their game with ambition and feature creep that I wouldn't be surprised if this game turns out to be total vaporware. It's an independent studio gifted so much money with zero accountability and endless hubris. Their enablers are fans who have become so enamored with the mere concept of a full-scale space MMO that they've abandoned all sense and are prepared to drop tens of thousands for virtual ships, and then gladly buy in-game insurance for them! This game is a disaster waiting to happen.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, you can play the game now, so you can already get a feel for how they're developing things. It's fun-ish, it's just super space simulator. second life...in 1000 years or something? I played a bit of it on a friend's account. I mean, if they could pull it off, it'd be the kind of game everyone'd play for hopefully as long as it's taken for them to develop it...but it does seem a bit like a black-hole of concepts, money, and development. I have about zero faith it'll come to fruition or have meaningful gameplay. but wouldn't it be lovely?

Last edited by osaka35,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And ofcourse you'll have some rich assholes who will buy this. Was looking forward to this game but am on full boycot mode after hearing this news, greedy assholes that they are

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up