SSX Blur / Mario Galaxy

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by pipesfranco, Feb 26, 2007.

Feb 26, 2007

SSX Blur / Mario Galaxy by pipesfranco at 11:18 PM (1,705 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. pipesfranco
    OP

Member pipesfranco GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Ok, from IGN they state release date for SSX blur is tomorrow NTSC U and Mario Galaxy Saturday March 3rd Europe...I so hope its true

2. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    The date for SSX is right, though in a typical IGN 'crap for european info' moment the Mario Galaxy date is definately wrong. Nintendo Europe have it as TBC on their site and over in the US Nintendo have just stated it as release this year.

I love SSX games but the screens of SSX Blur look terrible compared to SSX on Tour and I'm thinking this may be just a quick and dirty update to the series - I really hope I'm wrong! Edit - scrap that. The screens of SSX on Tour look rubbish as well but of course in game when everything is moving of course it looks a million times better, so I guess SSX Blur will look pretty good. It still looks like SSX on Tour with Wii remote flailing though. =/

3. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    SSX Blur looks like a neat game, not a quick update at all. Even though the tracks are the same as in SSX3 and On Tour (after all, they were great), they changed a lot of things in it. Plus the controls look great, and Junkie XL for the OST, that's great news too [​IMG]

As for Mario... I pooped in my pants when I read March 3rd... Then I thought, and I understood that, yeah, it was another mistake by IGN...

4. Presto

Member Presto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i cant wait for ssx blur

5. saturnin

Newcomer saturnin Newbie

United States
    And i can't wait for mario galaxy!
    Well i have to confess that for now not a lot of big "hit" on wii!

6. NickyDaewoo

Member NickyDaewoo Advanced Member

United States
    just picked up ssx blur the other day and so far it's pretty fun. It took me a little bit to get a grip on the way the controls work. It's definitely harder to control than the previous versions, and I think that may be the reason that alot of people don't get/keep this game. I like it so far.

7. MMMMMike

Newcomer MMMMMike Advanced Member

Canada
    We picked up SSX Blur the day it was released as we've always enjoyed console snowboarding.
    Although you can easily enjoy the jumps and tricks after going through the tutorials, it takes time to feel comfortable with all the options and to master the uber moves.
    Once there....very enjoyable game. There seems like so much stuff to do. Career mode, free time and then the challenges as you try and get all the tournaments, accessories and characters. So much to do and that's only on peak 1...there are 3.
    This is not a 2 hour completed game situation... this is longterm.

One area that kept us back was that we thought you had to do the uber move that shows on the screen...wrong you can do any one of them. Once we figured that out we were drawing Zs and hearts to get our points up. We've since expanded into some of the more difficult ones and racking up the sick numbers.

Definitely worth the money, just stick with it during the early rounds until you figure out the controls.

Mike

8. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Great ! That's exactly what I was afraid : a mini-game like we've seen a lot on the Wii so far... I'm glad they made it a true SSX with an awful lot to do [​IMG]

9. haveasafeday

Newcomer haveasafeday Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah that's good, as much as I've loved game such as warioware, rayman and even excite truck, they haven't been the most in depth games.

I'll get ssx when it's out here

10. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    IGN says Mario Party 8 is out March 5th 2007. Isn't that gr-wait! But today is the 6th and it's not in any stores... in fact, stores don't expect shitments ANYTIME soon. [​IMG] Sorry, but IGN is not reliable. You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

EDIT: IGN Mario Party 8 link for those that want it: http://wii.ign.com/objects/853/853824.html

11. MMMMMike

Newcomer MMMMMike Advanced Member

Canada
    EB Games is saying May 1, 2007, Nintendo.com is saying April-June and FutureShop here in Canada is saying August.
    I'm more then willing to wait if they are adding in Internet access. Play against friends around the world.

Mike

12. sdoc96

Member sdoc96 Creaky Old Stiff Member

Australia
  13. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    That still blows me away, seen it several times!

We wont be seeing Mario Galaxy till November I reckon, Super Paper Mario is out in April so I guess Nintendo would want to give that a chance and also make MG better. Till then Battallian Wars 2, Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Disaster, Project Hammer and all that will see us through the year and all those lovely DS games. I do get a feeling it may not be released till next year.

14. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Source (scroll down).

:'(

Who knows when it will be released...

15. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Anyone else think Mario galaxy looks like a slowed down sonic game? The only thing missing is having sonic instead of mario.

16. asher

Member asher ^ Liar

Mexico
    i have ssx blur...but havent play much.

but i know...nothing NOTHING EVER could be better than on tour.

maybe on tour 2 for 360