Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The date for SSX is right, though in a typical IGN 'crap for european info' moment the Mario Galaxy date is definately wrong. Nintendo Europe have it as TBC on their site and over in the US Nintendo have just stated it as release this year.

I love SSX games but the screens of SSX Blur look terrible compared to SSX on Tour and I'm thinking this may be just a quick and dirty update to the series - I really hope I'm wrong! Edit - scrap that. The screens of SSX on Tour look rubbish as well but of course in game when everything is moving of course it looks a million times better, so I guess SSX Blur will look pretty good. It still looks like SSX on Tour with Wii remote flailing though. =/

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
SSX Blur looks like a neat game, not a quick update at all. Even though the tracks are the same as in SSX3 and On Tour (after all, they were great), they changed a lot of things in it. Plus the controls look great, and Junkie XL for the OST, that's great news too
biggrin.gif

As for Mario... I pooped in my pants when I read March 3rd... Then I thought, and I understood that, yeah, it was another mistake by IGN...

NickyDaewoo

Trophies
Website
webpages.charter.net
XP
Country
United States
just picked up ssx blur the other day and so far it's pretty fun. It took me a little bit to get a grip on the way the controls work. It's definitely harder to control than the previous versions, and I think that may be the reason that alot of people don't get/keep this game. I like it so far.

MMMMMike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vlog.mikemoon.net
XP
Country
Canada
just picked up ssx blur the other day and so far it's pretty fun. It took me a little bit to get a grip on the way the controls work. It's definitely harder to control than the previous versions, and I think that may be the reason that alot of people don't get/keep this game. I like it so far.
We picked up SSX Blur the day it was released as we've always enjoyed console snowboarding.
Although you can easily enjoy the jumps and tricks after going through the tutorials, it takes time to feel comfortable with all the options and to master the uber moves.
Once there....very enjoyable game. There seems like so much stuff to do. Career mode, free time and then the challenges as you try and get all the tournaments, accessories and characters. So much to do and that's only on peak 1...there are 3.
This is not a 2 hour completed game situation... this is longterm.

One area that kept us back was that we thought you had to do the uber move that shows on the screen...wrong you can do any one of them. Once we figured that out we were drawing Zs and hearts to get our points up. We've since expanded into some of the more difficult ones and racking up the sick numbers.

Definitely worth the money, just stick with it during the early rounds until you figure out the controls.

Mike

haveasafeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that's good, as much as I've loved game such as warioware, rayman and even excite truck, they haven't been the most in depth games.

I'll get ssx when it's out here

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN says Mario Party 8 is out March 5th 2007. Isn't that gr-wait! But today is the 6th and it's not in any stores... in fact, stores don't expect shitments ANYTIME soon.
tongue.gif
Sorry, but IGN is not reliable. You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

EDIT: IGN Mario Party 8 link for those that want it: http://wii.ign.com/objects/853/853824.html

MMMMMike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vlog.mikemoon.net
XP
Country
Canada
IGN says Mario Party 8 is out March 5th 2007. Isn't that gr-wait! But today is the 6th and it's not in any stores... in fact, stores don't expect shitments ANYTIME soon.
tongue.gif
Sorry, but IGN is not reliable. You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

EDIT: IGN Mario Party 8 link for those that want it: http://wii.ign.com/objects/853/853824.html

EB Games is saying May 1, 2007, Nintendo.com is saying April-June and FutureShop here in Canada is saying August.
I'm more then willing to wait if they are adding in Internet access. Play against friends around the world.

Mike

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Galaxy is looking so good...
grog.gif
..sorry if this is posted elsewhere already...
http://gonintendo.com/?p=14299
That still blows me away, seen it several times!

We wont be seeing Mario Galaxy till November I reckon, Super Paper Mario is out in April so I guess Nintendo would want to give that a chance and also make MG better. Till then Battallian Wars 2, Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Disaster, Project Hammer and all that will see us through the year and all those lovely DS games. I do get a feeling it may not be released till next year.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mario Galaxy is looking so good...
grog.gif
..sorry if this is posted elsewhere already...
http://gonintendo.com/?p=14299

That still blows me away, seen it several times!

We wont be seeing Mario Galaxy till November I reckon, Super Paper Mario is out in April so I guess Nintendo would want to give that a chance and also make MG better. Till then Battallian Wars 2, Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Disaster, Project Hammer and all that will see us through the year and all those lovely DS games. I do get a feeling it may not be released till next year.

The recently shown Wii release list for USA doesn't contain Metroid Prime 3 at all:

09.04.07 - Super Paper Mario Nintendo
April - Prince of Persia Rival Swords Ubisoft
April - Bust-A-Move Bash Majesco
April Bioncle Heroes Eidos
15.05.07 Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Midway
29.05.07 Mario Party 8 Nintendo
Mai - Tamagotchi Party On Namco Bandai
Mai - Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean at World's End Disney Interactive
Mai - Escape from Bug Island Eidos
Mai - Spider-Man The Movie 3 Activision
11.06.07 - Big Brain Academy Nintendo
25.06.07 - Pokémon Battle Revolution Nintendo
Juni - Cosmic Family Ubisoft
Frühjahr 2007 - Heatseeker Codemasters
2. Quartal 2007 - Legend of the Dragon American Game Factory
Sommer 2007 - Shrek the Third Activision
Sommer 2007 - Transformers the Game Activision

Source (scroll down).

:'(

Who knows when it will be released...

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have ssx blur...but havent play much.

but i know...nothing NOTHING EVER could be better than on tour.

maybe on tour 2 for 360

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks