Hacking SSBB Texture Swaps

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well think about it, the only way they could had released this was a modified ISO right? I don't think their ISP would had been too happy about that. All Nintendo had to do was send a letter and that was that.

Well it's not all lost, they could just burn their own copy and distribute it amongst their friends and it'll find its way on the internet. I hope so, Nintendo of America is retarded.

LOL NO DISASTER DAY OF CRISIS FOR YOU GUYS
FATAL FRAME 4? WHAT'S THAT

Asshats.

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't believe any of this "Nintendo sued then"-crap. Happening on the release day? They would've sued then ages before.

Well, prob a leak will happen this week one way or other.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Man, and I had my hopes up, I even rented Brawl just for this(my original was scratched a bit, so I couldn't back that one up)but in the end the banner part was screwed up.
frown.gif

Double fuck.

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
Well think about it, the only way they could had released this was a modified ISO right?
Well, it could be that, or it could be the actual files that we would have to insert into our ISO's with trucha/wiiscrubber, or just a ppf patch. Mind you, a pretty damn huge ppf patch. But oh well, I guess we have to just hope for a leak.

I've uploaded the guide in case anyone missed it. Download it and keep it safe:
SSBB Texture Hacking Docs

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They said it themselfs, it was a patch, one for each region. They were trying to stay on the legal side of things(even though the textures they do could be questioned)but Nintendo didn't like it.

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's hope stack smash doesn't get screwed. They should give a phony release date and catch ninty off guard by releasing it earlier. Assuming ninty got involved, which I'm not really buying...

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really can't believe Nintendo would get involved... even if they knew about it, it doesn't seem like something a huge company would do, especially with much more obviously pirate-based websites around.

Plus they would have had to give warning, yes they are a large company, but they can't just take down websites at the click of a mouse.

And the wierdest thing is the way the youtube and forum accounts are gone... and that they lasted a bit longer...

If only they would actually tell us.

On the plus side, I just made a custom texture, and it works
biggrin.gif
so I'll just make my own.

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another reason for me to not buy their games, I suppose.

First, region-lock. Second, trying to shut down homebrew. And now this, trying to shut down a site involves around gaming modification? Jeez...

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NINTENDO IS FUCKING GAY FOR DOING THIS SHIT MAN! http://unleadedmugen.com/stacksmash/?p=1987 IT SAYS IT ALL IF THAT IS ALL TRUE! WELL FUCK NINTENDO! Im not buying anythingthing from them im switching over to Microsoft Xbox360

Plz dont ban me.....Sorry i got anger management ...i admit it ....Alot of people do its just nintendo messed up BIG TIME.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
Calm down mate. I know that you may be angry but lets admit it. It is not impossible for us to do it ourselves.
It's very possible to do it ourselves, I just wish they could release the textures!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Theres a torrent out on Bay of Pirates that has all the official textures in .tga format. Go find it and make some textures and release it!
Thanks a lot! I didn't know this was out there. I'd be too worried that Nintendo would come after me if I released any textures.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome