Hacking SSBB Specific "An error has occured. please eject.."

Heathh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same error that a lot of people are getting, "An error has occurred. Press eject button and remove the disc..." etc. I've searched and searched and i've found people guessing suggestions but no rock hard evidence on whats going on and how to fix this.

I've tried two completely different ISO's now, downloaded not ripped. One i know for sure is trusted and works. the other just from another location.

Every other game (so far) that i've tried works. Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Need for Speed Carbon.. Super Smash Bros Brawl works to an extent, but not how i'd like it to. (which i've also seen some things leading to this) Classic mode seems to work, until i beat it and right after the credits i get this error, but when i go to subspace emissary, i beat the first match and as i win, it gives me the error.. just pretty frustrating.

any help would be appreciated.

System Version 4.1U
Using an external hard drive
USB Loader GX

most solutions say clean the disc or burn it again, but i'm not dealing with a disc i'm dealing with an iso i've downloaded that i know works on other people's systems.

Heathh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay well. i installed rev10, and... now it doesn't recognize my hard drive lol. Any other suggestions? or am i just not gonna be able to play SSBB till something else comes out

Heathh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. 13a does not work with my hard drive, and since 13b was just an error002 update i'm assuming that won't work either.. so rev14 is when it made my hard drive compatible i guess

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
slightly on topic, does ssbb work with hermes cios?

dont have it installed on my wii and im not home atm to try it out.

if so, why not just use that?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
slightly on topic, does ssbb work with hermes cios?

dont have it installed on my wii and im not home atm to try it out.

if so, why not just use that?

It does work, just fine in fact...and I *do* use that
smile.gif

Heathh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would it be a good idea to replace my waninkoko's cIOS with hermes? i've only read a few threads on it but the ones i'm seeing so far say waninkoko's is better and the other has problems.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heathh said:
So would it be a good idea to replace my waninkoko's cIOS with hermes? i've only read a few threads on it but the ones i'm seeing so far say waninkoko's is better and the other has problems.

I think you have that in reverse
smile.gif

Anyway, you don't have to "replace". You can safely have both installed, as Waninkoko's uses IOS249, and Hermes uses IOS222 (and/or 223 if you want)

ginaldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had the same issue on System Menu 3.2E waninkoko's cIOS rev14 & latest USB Loader GX.
Fixed it by doing the following:
Installed Hermes cIOS by following these instructions & changed the game settings in USB Loader GX for SSBB to use IOS222 & block IOS reload.
So IOS249 is still wanin's cIOS38 rev14 for the other games, but SSBB uses hermes cIOS36 on IOS 222.
Hope that helps ...

Heathh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i installed Hermes cIOS by following those instructions. then i go to boot usb loader gx and i get a black screen for about 3-5 minutes then it goes to the white screen for about a minute then says no usb device found.

so then i installed cios rev14 again to see if that'd help, and.. it didn't. same thing. So can i just uninstall hermes and hope it works like it did before (without ssbb working)?

p2dewit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heathh said:
Okay so i installed Hermes cIOS by following those instructions. then i go to boot usb loader gx and i get a black screen for about 3-5 minutes then it goes to the white screen for about a minute then says no usb device found.

so then i installed cios rev14 again to see if that'd help, and.. it didn't. same thing. So can i just uninstall hermes and hope it works like it did before (without ssbb working)?

I have cios rev14 (for all my games but SSBB) and Hermes 222/223 for SSBB. Works great !

Heathh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p2dewit said:
Heathh said:

I have cios rev14 (for all my games but SSBB) and Hermes 222/223 for SSBB. Works great !

well then, i must be doing something wrong. I had cIOS rev 14 installed, then i installed Hermes 222/223, i didnt even get to the settings of usb loader gx to where i could change the boot cios
frown.gif

Heathh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the bump but i'm kinda just sitting not knowing what to do. i'm hoping someone reads this that had a similar problem and fixed it.

Also i have a hdd not backups so thats how i want it to work.

and is it safe to uninstall hermes 222/223 without anything messing up? maybe that'll get me back to step 1

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i play the game with 249 (rev14), the game will crash with the "error has occurred" under usbloader gx. If i try 222 (37 & 36 merged or 36 default), itll load and works fine but when i exit the game the loader gets stuck at a black screen and wont go back to the wii menu.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:
If i try 222 (37 & 36 merged or 36 default), itll load and works fine but when i exit the game the loader gets stuck at a black screen and wont go back to the wii menu.

Same thing happened to me until I formatted the Wii and started fresh. Don't ask me why.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I tried using IOS222 (36 merged with 38), and Brawl won't even load! I just select it in USBLoaderGX and then the screen goes pitch black. It works if I use IOS249, but then I can't play SSE or Classic. Should I try other options for IOS 222, like installing IOS36 without merging? Or is the only option to install an older cIOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...