Hacking ssbb asking for update but i have 4.0!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
havn't played ssbb for a while so i decide to throw the disc in for old times sake. wtf it's asking for an update...but i have 4.0E!

and i can't run this from USB it freezes 1 minute after starting.

what do i do..

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you block the updates from Preloader? (if you have it)
Thats what I did...
smile.gif

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dodi said:
Why don't you block the updates from Preloader? (if you have it)
Thats what I did...
smile.gif

Ya, you can do that but I just update it. As long as the game's from your own region it's probably going to be fine. It only installs/overwrites the IOS(s) needed to run the game, so it can't effect any of the cIOS(s) installed on your Wii. So therefore, there's a very minimal chance of your Wii being effect. It will only overwrite the IOS(s) installed by Nintendo themselves. Turn WiiConnect24 before you do this, just in case, to avoid any firmware updates when doing this.
If you want to be extra, extra careful then you can always block the updates. Your choice.

P.S. Never update from a game from any other region

Posts merged

QUOTE(fatherjack @ Jun 6 2009, 11:37 AM) Yeah, its ok to update when prompted.

I did , then just reinstalled patched60IOS and run mIOS patcher again for GC backups
yay.gif
O ya, I might overwrite IOS60 (if the game needs it) because that is an official Nintendo IOS. So if you've patched it or any thing, you might need to re-install it

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
If it's NTSC-U brawl (likely) it'll be prompting for an update to update the news/weather channels (American ones, which you don't have)

Running the update will give you dupe channels, but that's all.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh i deleted them chans that's why it's asking to update. if i update it will put the channels back and i dont want them back. i'll just have to use geckos to boot it. if only the damn thing worked on my shitty wd drive.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
oh i deleted them chans that's why it's asking to update. if i update it will put the channels back and i dont want them back. i'll just have to use geckos to boot it. if only the damn thing worked on my shitty wd drive.
Is your SSBB NTSC?

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't update. Just install the missing IOS through WAD installer or try to launch it through Gecko or just try to block out the update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.