Homebrew SSB4 Entrypoint by Yellows8!

KFC Double Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol..no actually its pretty sweet for people who wants to play backups even on latest firmware. You can put as many games as you want on the microSD, to switch games all you have to do is click the button on it.. dont know why it would be disgusting when with it you can play loaded roms on the latest fw :P
I will not lower myself to physically switching games on a flashcart like a goddamned animal.

But no that there is a piracy method above 9.2 at all is rather nice, it's just that it's a pain in the ass and doesn't offer any of the advantages a proper kernel exploit does. Also the whole "paying for it" thing.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
I will not lower myself to physically switching games on a flashcart like a goddamned animal.

But no that there is a piracy method above 9.2 at all is rather nice, it's just that it's a pain in the ass and doesn't offer any of the advantages a proper kernel exploit does. Also the whole "paying for it" thing.
All you have to do is press a button, and who thinks my nintendo server rerouting with proxy to update my 9.9 3ds with 9.2 files from my pc will work? Genius idea or dumb question?

Hey i got a new idea. Will this work? I "emulate" the nintendo update servers by redirecting their addresses via proxy to my pc which is hosting the 9.2 update files and click update on the 3ds. Quite sure it wont work (does it have protection against this?), but maybe? Sysupdater can downgrade as well on devmode with firmlaunch off and no patches applied with no problem at all. Now then, tell me why this wont work and if you don't then i will get to work on this if you tell me to go for it or there aren't any problems with it. Please so i can go and do it (Also looking for someone with a working hardmod on o3ds to test this)
What do you think of my idea? Will it work or should i scrap this? So the nus cdn download sites i redirect them with dns proxy to my pc and update from the 3ds and 3ds will download the 9.2 files as the "latest" update. Any reason why this wont work and maybe i will make this available to the public if this will work. Tell me why it wont work if there is a reason for that please

KFC Double Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you have to do is press a button, and who thinks my nintendo server rerouting with proxy to update my 9.9 3ds with 9.2 files from my pc will work? Genius idea or dumb question?

What do you think of my idea? Will it work or should i scrap this? So the nus cdn download sites i redirect them with dns proxy to my pc and upload them to 3ds and 3ds will download the 9.2 files as the "latest" update
Takin' the piss, don't worry about my complaining that a button is too much work, lol.

It sounds like a good enough idea to me if you can trick the system into accepting a downgrade as an upgrade, but I'm tech-stupid so I wouldn't even know where to begin on actually applying the idea or if it would brick the living hell out of your system or anything like that. Maybe direct it here? https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-homebrew-ideas-suggestion-requests-here.370320/

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats why i said someone with a hardmod should test it, and sysupdater DOES allow you to downgrade, just want an expert to reply, someone with more knowledge than me. And the button is there because it is a HARDWARE based mod, no way to make it work with software without any exploit or program

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
So the nus cdn download sites i redirect them with dns proxy to my pc and update from the 3ds and 3ds will download the 9.2 files as the "latest" update. Any reason why this wont work and maybe i will make this available to the public if this will work. Tell me why it wont work if there is a reason for that please
Without Nintendo's keys I don't think you'll be able to fool the 3DS :/

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

What do you think of my idea? Will it work or should i scrap this? So the nus cdn download sites i redirect them with dns proxy to my pc and update from the 3ds and 3ds will download the 9.2 files as the "latest" update. Any reason why this wont work and maybe i will make this available to the public if this will work. Tell me why it wont work if there is a reason for that please
Oh I didn't realise you were talking about downgrading. It could be possible to update from an already exploitable console that way, but downgrading from a version with no available kernel exploit definitely isn't possible, because you can't bypass Nintendo's ssl encryption.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I didn't realise you were talking about downgrading. It could be possible to update from an already exploitable console that way, but downgrading from a version with no available kernel exploit definitely isn't possible, because you can't bypass Nintendo's ssl encryption.
Yeah, i was thinking about the encyption, but what about the already made downgrade/upgrade packs from the iso site? An update is just a set of cia files, and hosting them on my server and redirecting the nintendo address to go to my server and the 3ds will download the downgrade as an upgrade and install the cia files and downgrade to 9.2. Now will that work? They are decrypted already right? Because 9.2 can downgrade to 4.5 without a problem on sysupdater on devmode with these packs

Last edited by ironmaster49,

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Yeah, i was thinking about the encyption, but what about the already made downgrade/upgrade packs from the iso site? An update is just a set of cia files, and hosting them on my server and redirecting the nintendo address to go to my server and the 3ds will download the downgrade as an upgrade and install the cia files and downgrade to 9.2. Now will that work? They are decrypted already right? Because 9.2 can downgrade to 4.5 without a problem on sysupdater on devmode with these packs
Communications between the 3DS and Nintendo are secured by public key cryptography. For a brief explanation:

- Everyone (=every 3DS) knows Nintendo public key and only Nintendo has the private key. Those key are linked in a way that
text = decrypt(encrypt(text, publicKey), privateKey) = decrypt(encrypt(text, privateKey), publicKey)
In the first case, everyone can send messages to Nintendo (we all have the public key) and be sure that only Nintendo can read it.
In the second one, Nintendo can sign the message. Since only Nintendo can correctly sign (with it's private key), the 3DS is sure it's talking to Nintendo (and here is where your idea has a problem, you can't fool the 3DS).
- This type of crypto assumes it's impossible to find two private keys working with the same public key and that it's impossible to get the private key from the public one.

Take a look at public key cryptography to understand what math is preventing you to fool the 3DS ;)

However a kernel exploit would disable signature checks, allowing you to send whatever to the 3DS, hence the downgrade on exploitable 3DS possible.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
i forgot how people are lazy nowaday :P
I learned my Russian dwarf hamster to push the sky3ds button whenever i need it :), cause i'm to lazy for it. (sorry for the animal cruelty :/ , but my 3 cats are banned in the house since 1 of them killed 1 of the Roborovski dwarf hamsters (a trial is in the works to see who was guilty) and my 3ds isn't waterproof for my goldfish)

Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I learned my Russian dwarf hamster to push the sky3ds button whenever i need it :), cause i'm to lazy for it. (sorry for the animal cruelty :/ , but my 3 cats are banned in the house since 1 of them killed 1 of the Roborovski dwarf hamsters (a trial is in the works to see who was guilty) and my 3ds isn't waterproof for my goldfish)
Damn loll...

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Communications between the 3DS and Nintendo are secured by public key cryptography. For a brief explanation:

- Everyone (=every 3DS) knows Nintendo public key and only Nintendo has the private key. Those key are linked in a way that
text = decrypt(encrypt(text, publicKey), privateKey) = decrypt(encrypt(text, privateKey), publicKey)
In the first case, everyone can send messages to Nintendo (we all have the public key) and be sure that only Nintendo can read it.
In the second one, Nintendo can sign the message. Since only Nintendo can correctly sign (with it's private key), the 3DS is sure it's talking to Nintendo (and here is where your idea has a problem, you can't fool the 3DS).
- This type of crypto assumes it's impossible to find two private keys working with the same public key and that it's impossible to get the private key from the public one.

Take a look at public key cryptography to understand what math is preventing you to fool the 3DS ;)

However a kernel exploit would disable signature checks, allowing you to send whatever to the 3DS, hence the downgrade on exploitable 3DS possible.
So is key is what is preventing me from making my pc a fake nintendo server, the ssl key. So, is this related to secureinfo_a? Might a be stupid question but i read people with a public donor cannot access nintendo services and must take a key that isnt used and was signed by nintendo. And what about dumping it and using it to decrypt the keys? Is there a way to dump it without kernel access?

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
So is key is what is preventing me from making my pc a fake nintendo server, the ssl key. So, is this related to secureinfo_a? Might a be stupid question but i read people with a public donor cannot access nintendo services and must take a key that isnt used and was signed by nintendo. And what about dumping it and using it to decrypt the keys? Is there a way to dump it without kernel access?
secureinfo_a has nothing to do with that I think. What keys do you want to decrypt? The one you search (private key) is practically impossible to get, the only copy is owned by Nintendo.
Your only chance to make the 3DS connect to your server is to get that private key. And for that you have 2 ways: get it from a super-secured-secret server at Nintendo's place or bruteforce it (count a few hundreds of years, good luck :/)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
secureinfo_a has nothing to do with that I think. What keys do you want to decrypt? The one you search (private key) is practically impossible to get, the only copy is owned by Nintendo.
Your only chance to make the 3DS connect to your server is to get that private key. And for that you have 2 ways: get it from a super-secured-secret server at Nintendo's place or bruteforce it (count a few hundreds of years, good luck :/)

I am surprised that nobody has ever downloaded keys and other secure files from companies like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft via hacking them. or if they have, they are never shared publicly.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am surprised that nobody has ever downloaded keys and other secure files from companies like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft via hacking them. or if they have, they are never shared publicly.
They'd be silly to keep keys like that on computers that were connected to the internet.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me the product code of the SSB demo?
To get the product code: enter the manual with home menu and it is at the very end of "Important information" entry. It should be something like CTR-N-KRXA-00 (this is for pokemon shuffle).
If anyone does it, thanks!

TheRivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can someone tell me the product code of the SSB demo?
To get the product code: enter the manual with home menu and it is at the very end of "Important information" entry. It should be something like CTR-N-KRXA-00 (this is for pokemon shuffle).
If anyone does it, thanks!
The demo does not have manual (special demo) :/

Attachments

• HNI_0004.JPG
    HNI_0004.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 187
  • HNI_0005.JPG
    HNI_0005.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 181

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat