Hardware SRAM patching for EZ3in1

• Thread starter Deleted-236924
  • Start date
  • Views 5,235
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted-236924

OP
I got an EZ3in1 and I've heard that games that don't use SRAM need to be SRAM patched.

I know for sure games that use EEPROM need to be SRAM patched.
But what about games that use Flash?

Do they need SRAM patching?

I've got Pokémon Emerald, LeafGreen and Sapphire in Japanese on my CycloDS. These games use Flash save type.
When I run them with the 3in1, they do save correctly.

I've did a bit of search on the internet and I've read that you must SRAM patch a game if it doesn't use SRAM.

So my question is, do I need to patch games that uses Flash save type?

D

Deleted-236924

OP
But what if I get problems later on?

Also, I noticed I posted this in the wrong section. Could a mod move this to "Flashing hardware and software"?

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what is SRAM patching? what does it do? could this be the reason my saves in Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission on the iPlayer do not save after shutting off?

D

Deleted-236924

OP
... No.

iPlayer GBA emulator =/= EZ3in1

You have to quit the game before shutting down your DS if you want your games to save properly on the iPlayer.

The reason why 3in1 needs SRAM patching is because it only supports SRAM save type.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From my experience, the CycloDS is quite clever when it comes to GBA saves with a 3in1. Games which I couldn't myself get to work/save correctly on an AK2 or an EZV (using the same 3in1, mind) simply 'worked' on my CycloDS. Games like Pokemon, Advance Wars, WarioWare and the Classic NES series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X