Hardware Squeaky D-Pad anyone?

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my FLAME RED ULTIMATE 3DS like 2 days ago :creep: ..I didn't use the D-Pad for the first couple of days because I was hooked on Ocarina of Time. After blowing my eyeballs off I downloaded Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (I obviously have an affinity for Zelda), quickly after playing I realized a pretty annoying squeak when I press down or down-left. I didn't want it to bother me because I was in love with the system but now I'm kinda concerned.

Is this normal? What can I put on it to make it stop? I was thinking baby powder or some grease..but I'd rather not. I want to hear what you guys have to say first.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine does it, had my 3DS since just after launch. It slowly gets better, though playing while my wife is asleep can be quite irritating. My DSPhat squeaked for a week or so, but not using the 3DS one constantly makes it seem worse

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem with my 3DS but it's actually VERY easy to fix, just put on some lube/oil in there, not much half a drop or so will do the trick and use a small thin object to apply it. I used a toothpick, crazy I know.
So, this is what I did it hasn't bothered me since and I bought mine a couple of weeks after launch.

And just so you know, the squeakiness will eventually go away without lubricating it, but it will take some time breaking it in.

D

Deleted User

It's annoying as heck and Nintendo's repair centres suck.
Mine squeaks.

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Down and down-left squeak like crazy. I've stopped using the Dpad and only use the Circle Pad, it feels much nicer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol