Hacking Question Squeaky clean sysNAND for online play alongside emuMMC?

carcalal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So basically I'm pretty sure I set everything up a la carte.
  • sysNAND backup for later use
  • created emuMMC
  • 90DNS and incognito on emuMMC as well as Atmosphere DNS redirection
  • Note: I have linked my account to the console before creating the emuMMC because some games do require it even offline

First: what is the safest option using an emuMMC to boot into stock OFW for online play:
1. Skip RCM and boot straing into sysNAND
  • pro: no AutoRCM or Hekate magic that may or may not tip off Nintendo, you can even pull out the SD card in case you are extra paranoid
  • con: will burn fuses, if you want to keep your system downgradable
2. Use Hekate's Stock option
  • pro: no burnt fuses, convenience
  • con: annoying to turn AutoRCM off everytime in case someday Nintendo will use it for bans and you have to keep your dirty SD card in
Second: would restoring a clean sysNAND before booting OFW for the first time be overkill? You know, just in case maybe the mere act of installing CFW on emuNAND may have tainted it.

What do you think? Am I being paranoid or are these valid concerns if I want to boot OFW from time to time to play my games online and be absolutely safe?

Last edited by carcalal,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been using cfw on sysnand with my legit games for years, still no ban. Idk why people are afraid that much. Atmosphere is pretty in stealth mode all the time.

My Switch lite is running on Atmosphere play nsp xci game with wifi on all the time, still no ban. I dont care about the ban.

Enjoy gaming. if you're afraid of ban dont use hack.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

carcalal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've been using cfw on sysnand with my legit games for years, still no ban. Idk why people are afraid that much.

From my point of view, it just that there is a limited (although large) number of unpatched V1 switches, so if I can prevent mine from falling from grace with Nintendo, why not do it?

It's not a question of why I should be afraid of banning, but rather: If I were afraid of being banned, what would be the absolute safest way of mitigating it while still enjoying CFW and online play?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I boot sysnand au naturel, no RCM, for playing online, because it's the most legit I guess, and the most straightforward. You don't really need to worry about saving fuses, unless your sysnand is 4.x or below and you think at some point you'd really rather use deja vu instead of RCM for some weird reason (or your sysnand is 1.x and you're holding out for a really unlikely to ever happen system save exploit).

carcalal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I boot sysnand au naturel, no RCM, for playing online, because it's the most legit I guess, and the most straightforward.

Yeah, that's what I think I will do too. Was wondering, do you think "dirty SDs" will ever be an issue? afaik it hasn't been reported as a ban reason yet.

Also, regarding my second question, there is no way my sysNAND got tained before ever booting Atmosphere (during emuMMC creation, Lockpick RCM backup, running Incognito RCM backup), right? If you were me, would you go through with restoring the clean sysNAND backup?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Data on SD wont be ever an issue. Booting to Atmosphere is safe. I'm using many Switches and none of them got banned.

If you're afraid of that very much, use exosphere or hekate cal0blank=1 to hide your switch information

PXL_20210311_102142590~2.jpg

Last edited by thaikhoa,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, that's what I think I will do too. Was wondering, do you think "dirty SDs" will ever be an issue? afaik it hasn't been reported as a ban reason yet.

Also, regarding my second question, there is no way my sysNAND got tained before ever booting Atmosphere (during emuMMC creation, Lockpick RCM backup, running Incognito RCM backup), right? If you were me, would you go through with restoring the clean sysNAND backup?
Nobody has been banned for what's on their SD card, and the general opinion is that it would be too ethically and legally dubious for Nintendo to do so, so I'm ok with that.

You're right that your sysnand shouldn't have got tainted, but it's up to you if you want to be extra cautious just because. I like being cautious so I'd probably restore the backup if it wouldn't lose me anything important (save game progress).

Reactions: carcalal

carcalal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
UPDATE: Went on a Switch hacking discord server and people were arguing that Incognito or exosphere-based blanking may be even worse than nothing and that DNS redirection is sufficient. The rationale was that if the values are cached anywhere else on the the device, it would be enough info to say that the Switch was tampered with.

This is the first time I've ever heard this and was wondering if there is any further info on it. Are there people concerned about banning that actually only run 90DNS or similar solutions?

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using sysnand for online play and emunand for offline games/animal crossing hacks for over a year now and no ban. I don't even think i bothered to set up 90dns and stuff on my emunand because i never set up my emunand for internet in the first place.

Last edited by phillyrider807,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please as long as you don't have any unsigned stuff installed on a nand while being online, you will be safe on Atmosphere. Even as I am, install nsp and play my dump games while connecting to Nintendo server, I haven't banned yet for over a year. Enjoy gaming while it will be lasted in real life SooN(tm)

carcalal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Please as long as you don't have any unsigned stuff installed on a nand while being online, you will be safe on Atmosphere. Even as I am, install nsp and play my dump games while connecting to Nintendo server, I haven't banned yet for over a year. Enjoy gaming while it will be lasted in real life SooN(tm)

I mean yeah, if by unsigned you mean bad tickets, then yeah, that's piracy, and I would expect Nintendo to wanna ban you for it. But I'm a bit confused here, you're talking about "dumps". unless you dump an NSP from a game you downloaded on the same device legitimately, the ticket will be messed up (since the ticket is also tied to the device ID), and it would be an indicator that the game might be pirated. Or do you mean unsigned in the sense that the NCA is bad as it is the case with hacked games?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I mean yeah, if by unsigned you mean bad tickets, then yeah, that's piracy, and I would expect Nintendo to wanna ban you for it. But I'm a bit confused here, you're talking about "dumps". unless you dump an NSP from a game you downloaded on the same device legitimately, the ticket will be messed up (since the ticket is also tied to the device ID), and it would be an indicator that the game might be pirated. Or do you mean unsigned in the sense that the NCA is bad as it is the case with hacked games?

They now can't see it due to blocking telemetry but online game. dump = nsp to install for science's sake. Yea everything (except online game things) I did has ended up with a no-ban.

It's up to you for now. Just don't touch anything relates to "hack". Enjoy gaming at first.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Went on a Switch hacking discord server and people were arguing that Incognito or exosphere-based blanking may be even worse than nothing and that DNS redirection is sufficient. The rationale was that if the values are cached anywhere else on the the device, it would be enough info to say that the Switch was tampered with.

This is the first time I've ever heard this and was wondering if there is any further info on it. Are there people concerned about banning that actually only run 90DNS or similar solutions?
Why not just avoid using either if you're that paranoid? You don't need Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D