Spring Loader Broken

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Jjpeacha, Apr 15, 2009.

Apr 15, 2009

Spring Loader Broken by Jjpeacha at 12:39 PM (1,282 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Jjpeacha
    OP

Newcomer Jjpeacha Newbie

United States
    Just got my AK2i and found that the spring loader is broken. I'm currently using tape to keep the microsd in the slot.

Why don't they just have slide in slots like most of the other flash cards. Other than that, Akaio and all my roms work great. It just looks ugly with tape holding the card in.

Does anyone know of a way to fix the spring, or remove it so it works like other flash cards?

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Since Acekards are now all glued up tight, it would be hard to open it up without breaking something. Unlike the first generation R4, where everyone removed the spring with ease. Ahh, the good old days.

3. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    May you can return it because of the warranty?! Thats what I would going to do.

4. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    ^^^ +1

Doesn't it have like, a 1 year warranty?

5. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    yeah, it should. contact your retailer and they should replace it for you. If they dont....well, it'll probably be a lot harder, but you might be able to contact the acekard team at acekard@gmail.com

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    A lot of times when you first buy a spring-loaded flash cart the spring is "stuck" when you first get it. Try pushing the microSD in a little harder and see if you can't unstick it.

-Bri

7. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I had that problem with mt wii
    I pushedthe card very hard and the spring started to work

8. Findecanno

Member Findecanno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had a problem with my acekard2i springloaded slot so I taped it down and for some reason when I took the tape off it worked fine.

9. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just fiddle with it for a while until it works - note that the AK team may get hundreds of support emails a day, and before emailing them, ask yourself "is this a problem so serious that I need to email them?".

10. Jjpeacha
    OP

Newcomer Jjpeacha Newbie

United States
    I wasn't going to email the AK as this really is the sellers responsibility. I've emailed the company I brought it from and now await their reply. Although I will most likely end up calling them tomorrow.

11. herbal

Newcomer herbal Member

Received my acekard2i today and I have exactly the same problem. [​IMG]

12. megahog

Newcomer megahog Member

United States
    I noticed that my new AK2i may have the same problem. I mean, I am not recognizing any spring resistance as I push in the micro card. Every now and then I can hear a faint click - but the seating of the card is a little awkward and I never feel as if it is in "all the way". I thought that I would be able to push down on the micro card to activate a spring-released ejection - but this is definitely not the case. Are there any spring loaded AK2is?! We just got to remember that the AK2i is an overall rush-job to hit the dsi flash market first - so a lot of structural/quality checks may have been rushed or neglected. However, my AK2i is working right now and that is all that matters. I did order another "back-up" AK2i just in case my current one gets bricked by me being a newb or something. I will see if the other one I get has any different features.

13. Tokiopop

United Kingdom
    Perhaps the spring is jammed. Try get something long and quite thin, and have a good poke around in the memory card slot. It might release the spring - if there is even one there.

14. chazam1337

Member chazam1337 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is every AKi like this? because im not going to buy one if this is a major problem >_