Hacking Sports Resort alt-dol doesn't work

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using USB loader GX. It worked before, but I deleted all channel by accident. So I reinstall the Homdew, and USB loader. All other games work fine, just the restorts.
I have tried the alt-dol, and load from sd with the play.dol. But still black screen, and hang there forever.

I can borrow the official CD of that game. My question is, if I launch the game from CD, as I heard, it will update my wii. Will that brick my wii? How risk will it be?
My version is 4.0U.

Thanks in advance!

cambridge_red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My goodness, first install Firefox to improve your spelling.

Priiloader will block updates, so make sure that's installed first. Boot the alt dol in Custom usb loader (I recommend this load over all) and watch the full video as mentioned.

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply!

I googled the Priiloader, here is the warning,"It is highly recommended to install Priiloader only on a Wii with unmodified IOSs! " I believe my wii has been softmod, and some IOS have been changed. Is there any risk here?

Thanks

cambridge_red said:
My goodness, first install Firefox to improve your spelling.

Priiloader will block updates, so make sure that's installed first. Boot the alt dol in Custom usb loader (I recommend this load over all) and watch the full video as mentioned.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hielkenator said:
You have to watch the Wiimotion movie at least one time before you can use the alt dol to load the actual game.

I don't think it works that way.

When you start the game, it checks on nand if you watch the WM+ video already, if yes, then the game just starts. If not, an IOS Reload happens and you are forced to watch the WM+.

So if you load from usb and haven't watched it yet, it reboots when it tries to play the video. If you haven't watched it yet, and you boot the retail disc with ANY method you want, like boot disc option in your favorite usb loader, the video will be played. Note that if you load the game via a loader, you don't have to worry about the update, it's ignored.

Also, all "recent" usb loaders have a alt. .dol loading from disc feature, so you can skip messing around with the .dol yourself.

Short: Use alt. .dol loading from disc once to watch the movie, and then just boot the game normally

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much! This gives me another option to try.

Just want to confirm what I need do,
1. Insert the Resorts cd in the Wii console. That will add a channel in the wii menu
2. Launch USB loader gx, change the option to load from disc
3. Load the game through usb loader gx. It should load the game from the inserted disc

In this way, it will not auto upgrade my wii, as long as I don't launch the game through the new added channel, correct?

Thanks

WiiPower said:

When you start the game, it checks on nand if you watch the WM+ video already, if yes, then the game just starts. If not, an IOS Reload happens and you are forced to watch the WM+.

So if you load from usb and haven't watched it yet, it reboots when it tries to play the video. If you haven't watched it yet, and you boot the retail disc with ANY method you want, like boot disc option in your favorite usb loader, the video will be played. Note that if you load the game via a loader, you don't have to worry about the update, it's ignored.

Also, all "recent" usb loaders have a alt. .dol loading from disc feature, so you can skip messing around with the .dol yourself.

Short: Use alt. .dol loading from disc once to watch the movie, and then just boot the game normally

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
june12 said:
I am using USB loader GX. It worked before, but I deleted all channel by accident. So I reinstall the Homdew, and USB loader. All other games work fine, just the restorts.
I have tried the alt-dol, and load from sd with the play.dol. But still black screen, and hang there forever.

I can borrow the official CD of that game. My question is, if I launch the game from CD, as I heard, it will update my wii. Will that brick my wii? How risk will it be?
My version is 4.0U.

Thanks in advance!
You should update your wii to 4.1 with ModMii, because 4.0 has a bug that will make you see the video again when you load a channel from the sd menu

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the sd menu? do you mean the wii console menu with many channels?

Porobu said:
You should update your wii to 4.1 with ModMii, because 4.0 has a bug that will make you see the video again when you load a channel from the sd menu

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:
You have to watch the Wiimotion movie at least one time before you can use the alt dol to load the actual game.

With all respect, but is'nt that what I said?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
june12 said:
what's the sd menu? do you mean the wii console menu with many channels?

Porobu said:
The menu from the SD icon on the SM

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked again. My wii is 3.3U.
USB Loader GX 714. cIOS249_rev19

Is it OK I install the latest GX on 3.3U? Will that bring any risk?

I don't understand why the REZT01.dol on my SD works before, but never works this time:(
Anyway, I will borrow the official CD and try again.

Thanks!

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really confused here!

I borrowed the Resorts CD from my friend, and use Alt Dol in USB Loader GX, to load from disc. Same result here, black screen. The WM+ video doesn't show. What else I can do?

Story to short is, I did make it run very well last time, brought the video. Just because I erase all channels by mistake, I reinstalled everything, including the cIOS and the loader. Any other game is loaded fine, just this one. Both Alt Dol from SD or disc ends with black screen. Does that mean erase the channel also erase the record that the movie has been played? Or re-install cIOS reset the memory?

Now what I can do? Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried boot the disc through the loader, using alt dol from disc. Same result here. Just black screen.

What else I can do?

How about I upgrade from 3.3 to 4.2, and launch the disc from channel to watch this movie?

Thanks

WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
The flag that marks the video as watched isn't in a channel, it's stored in the SYSCONF file so you wouldn't have erased it.
Yes,moreover I think that when you see the video of WM+ for a game you dont need see the video for another different game.

Greetings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...