TheKiteKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To what end?

I have a fake / clone pro controller with green grips on the handles. The Switch recognises it as a real pro controller and it works really well. When I connected it to the joycon editor tool on my pc, it shows up as a joycon with a joycon MAC address, so I can’t edit the colour of the pro controller grips to show up as green in my Switch’s UI. I was hoping that if I changed the MAC address to a pro Controller MAC address, it would let me change the colour of the grips to green.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a fake / clone pro controller with green grips on the handles. The Switch recognises it as a real pro controller and it works really well. When I connected it to the joycon editor tool on my pc, it shows up as a joycon with a joycon MAC address, so I can’t edit the colour of the pro controller grips to show up as green in my Switch’s UI. I was hoping that if I changed the MAC address to a pro Controller MAC address, it would let me change the colour of the grips to green.

Nope

Now go buy a Official Switch Pro Controller

Last edited by Shadow#1,

A3660537JPN

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Mostly, mac address is written on"ROM", which cannot be rewritten.
So it is likely that nobody can change the mac address of a switch pro controller.
You should ask the developer(s) of the joycon editor tool to support custom MAC Address.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-joy-con-toolkit.478560/

Ignore the noob above as a troll please. He never gives useful advice.

Last edited by A3660537JPN,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasn't aware that you know what will or will not happen over asking a simple question.
Because changing/spoffing a Mac address will not change the underlining hardware "oh wow I changed the Mac address of this hardware and now it's a car"

TheKiteKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mostly, mac address is written on"ROM", which cannot be rewritten.
So it is likely that nobody can change the mac address of a switch pro controller.
You should ask the developer(s) of the joycon editor tool to support custom MAC Address.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-joy-con-toolkit.478560/

Ignore the noob above as a troll please. He never gives useful advice.

thanks for actually giving a helpful response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum