Hacking Splatoon Modding Hub

Has this guide allowed you to successfully install Octohax?

• Yes

• No (If you choose this, please post errors, your process, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pyrochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arrgh, im so frustrated! I'm trying to use the 07/07/2016 ver of Splathax with the TCPgecko+kernel from loadiine.ovh, but Splathax can't seem to connect to my Wii U.......i've disabled all security features i can find, i even manually set my Wii U's subnet mask and gateway....I have Splatoon ver. 2.10 and Wii U firmware 5.5.1, isn't the July 7 release supposed to be compatible with ver 2.10? :wacko:

I don't mean to be annoying, but i need some help here....

Leanny

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't seem to get the "SceneEnvSet" option to work in GeckoMapTester. For example, if i select a map like Ancho-V and set the SceneEnvSet to Night, the map loads, but it is not night. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I pushed something to my fork on sunday before I went on vacation. I also posted a compiled version on discord, so check it out :)

Just a heads up, the latest build of Leanny's fork of GeckoMapTester is supposed to fix SceneEnvSet, but it wasn't when I tested.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean if you're compiling it yourself.

What exactly did not work?

Exactly, Splathax isn't working even with all of that, I used Cosmo's codehandler since that way amiibohax works, but I don't know what is going on with this, should I try another TCPGecko installer in my console? If yes, which one? Remember I'm at 5.3.2U, Loadiine.ovh offers the correct exploit only to 5.5.1 users... (I mean explicity the "TCPGecko + Kernel" exploit, that is only for 5.5.X users)

No one asked me to support the code handler, so I dont support it yet. I will push an update later for you.

I don't mean to be annoying, but i need some help here....

Its not splathax fault, its a generel connection problem with your Wii U

Reactions: Goku Junior

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I pushed something to my fork on sunday before I went on vacation. I also posted a compiled version on discord, so check it out :)

What exactly did not work?

No one asked me to support the code handler, so I dont support it yet. I will push an update later for you.

Don't worry!, the solution was to use geckiine, seresaa told me that it has the same offsets that the TCPGecko from loadiine.ovh, so now it's working perfectly :) !
Thanks again for the help ! :D

Pyrochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I kinda suspected that.......my computer is able to detect my Wii U's ip address with an ip scanner, but when i tried to use Splathax (with both loadiine.ovh and self-hosting) it can't seem to pick up anything. I'm guessing maybe my Wii U isn't running TCPgecko correctly or something......i tried using both the installer and TCPgecko, but to no avail, and when i used just the installer my console crashed while loading Splatoon....
Could it be there's a port being blocked? Does anyone know what port the computer is supposed to use for communicating with the Wii U?
EDIT: I checked my ports, and that's not the problem.....i made sure Firewall allowed TCPgecko and Splathax, and even tried turning it off all together, and i still cannot get my laptop to communicate with TCPgecko. I guess i'll try Geckiine, if that doesn't work than i'm positively screwed, because i've done everything i can possibly think of :hateit:

Last edited by Pyrochrome,

Espozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having problems getting Splatoon to run with Cafiine, or even just Kexploit31? Every time I run Splatoon after running either Kexploit31 or Kexploit31 and Cafiine, the game crashes on startup while it's displaying the apartment building (the music stops suddenly, and everything becomes unresponsive to where you have to hard reset). I can actually see on my computer that when using Cafiine, the game is getting its files replaced, but then the local server on my computer gives me errors about how my Wii U isn't receiving the data its sending and that's when Splatoon crashes. All I'm uploading is Static.pack with the parameter with the roller speed changed and, as I said, this happens even if I've only used Kexploit31. I activate Kexploit31 and Cafiine through loadiine.ovh on the web browser, my Wii U is version 5.5.1 and my copy of Splatoon is downloaded and version 2.8. Although I haven't tried replacing files with Cafiine for any other game, Kexploit31 doesn't crash any of my other games, even my other downloaded game, Nintendo Land.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone has a way to know the pad value of a folder?
I saw in @NWPlayer123 's SARCPack.py source code that the format of the folder to pack must be: folder name [pad value] I think this because I put the folder to pack (static from splatoon) over SARCPack.py and appeares a window and say generating file list and close quickly, someone can help me or pack the folder for me xdd (if someone do this he/she will test in primice something cool :D)
Bye!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is anyone else having problems getting Splatoon to run with Cafiine, or even just Kexploit31? Every time I run Splatoon after running either Kexploit31 or Kexploit31 and Cafiine, the game crashes on startup while it's displaying the apartment building (the music stops suddenly, and everything becomes unresponsive to where you have to hard reset). I can actually see on my computer that when using Cafiine, the game is getting its files replaced, but then the local server on my computer gives me errors about how my Wii U isn't receiving the data its sending and that's when Splatoon crashes. All I'm uploading is Static.pack with the parameter with the roller speed changed and, as I said, this happens even if I've only used Kexploit31. I activate Kexploit31 and Cafiine through loadiine.ovh on the web browser, my Wii U is version 5.5.1 and my copy of Splatoon is downloaded and version 2.8. Although I haven't tried replacing files with Cafiine for any other game, Kexploit31 doesn't crash any of my other games, even my other downloaded game, Nintendo Land.
Have you pack static folder with Uwizard? Uwizard repacking is broken, use SARCTools

Espozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
victormr21 said:
Have you pack static folder with Uwizard? Uwizard repacking is broken, use SARCTools
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it. Do you have a download link?

You know, I imagine a good way to find out if the repacking is causing the problems is to where Cafiine replaces a file of the exact one found in the game, so I'll just copy an untouched version of Static.pack onto my SD card. I dumped the game from my Wii U to my computer by using DDD.

Last edited by Espozo,

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it. Do you have a download link?

You know, I imagine a good way to find out if the repacking is causing the problems is to where Cafiine replaces a file of the exact one found in the game, so I'll just copy an untouched version of Static.pack onto my SD card. I dumped the game from my Wii U to my computer by using DDD.
Its in NWPlayer1234 github profile, find SARCTools and then I think there are some, you only need SARCPack and SARCExtract

Mario10095

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have trouble when trying to change the map to Mahi-Mahi Resort in the Battle Dojo in Gecko Map Tester?
My Wii U just crashes when it tries to load this map only.

Espozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the good news is that I tried loading the game with the original Static.pack with Cafiine, and it worked in that it played normally (I could see that the Cafiine sent the file over too). I did find SARCPack and SARCExtract, but I don't know how to use them. I went to the directory that they and Python are in and typed "python SARCPack.py", but only information came up:

C:\Python34>python SARCPack.py
SARCPack v0.2.1 by NWPlayer123
Usage: SARCPack folder [pad value]

I realized that I needed to put the name of the folder afterword, so I did, but it came up with an error as it didn't finish:

C:\Python34>python SARCPack.py Static.pack_extracted
SARCPack v0.2.1 by NWPlayer123
Generating file list....
Effect/Gambit.szs
Etc/NewsScript.szs
Map/Fld_Fusya00_Msn.szs
Map/Fld_OctRuins00_Msn.szs
Map/Fld_Office00_Vss.szs
Map/Fld_Plaza00_Plz.szs
Map/Fld_Propeller00_Msn.szs
Map/Fld_Quarry00_Vss.szs
Map/Fld_RvlRuins00_Msn.szs
Map/Fld_SkatePark00_Dul.szs
Map/Fld_SkatePark00_Vss.szs
Map/Fld_Sponge01_Msn.szs
Map/Fld_TutorialShow00_Ttr.szs
Mush/FestPowerInfo.byaml
Mush/GearInfo_Head.byaml
Mush/GearInfo_Shoes.byaml
Mush/TankInfo.byaml
Parameter/AutoWarpPoint.params
Parameter/BigBallLauncher.params
Parameter/ChargeShotLongScope.params
Parameter/Default_cPlan.rival.params
Parameter/Enm_BossWeakPoint_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Enm_CylinderKing.params
Parameter/Enm_FindKingCore.params
Parameter/Enm_GeroZako.params
Parameter/Enm_GeroZakoTest.params
Parameter/Enm_GeroZako_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Enm_MouthKing.params
Parameter/Enm_OctHead_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Enm_RailKing.params
Parameter/Enm_RailKingBubble.params
Parameter/Enm_RailKingBullet.params
Parameter/Enm_RailKingPilot_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Enm_RailKingPunch_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Enm_RailKingTakowasaBullet.params
Parameter/Enm_StampKing_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Enm_Takodozer.params
Parameter/Enm_TakolienEasy.params
Parameter/Enm_TakolienEasy_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Enm_Takolien_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Enm_Takopter_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Enm_Zako.params
Parameter/Enm_Zako_Escape.params
Parameter/GatlingHyper_2.params
Parameter/GatlingQuick_2.params
Parameter/GatlingStandard.params
Parameter/GfxSetting_Msn_DarkBlue.params
Parameter/GfxSetting_Msn_Lilac.params
Parameter/GfxSetting_Vss_Gachi_GreenMazenta.params
Parameter/GfxSetting_Vss_Gachi_SodaPink.params
Parameter/GfxSetting_Vss_Option_BlueOrange.params
Parameter/GfxSetting_Vss_Regular_OrangeBlue_Default.params
Parameter/GfxSetting_Vss_Regular_PinkBlue.params
Parameter/LastBossDemo_CommanderCloseUp.camera.params
Parameter/Lft_HeavyCraneMachine_AnmItp.params
Parameter/NormalShotBlaze.params
Parameter/NormalShotExplosionLightLong.params
Parameter/NormalShotExplosionLightLong_Explosion.params
Parameter/NormalShotExplosionLight_Explosion.params
Parameter/NormalShotExplosionShort.params
Parameter/NormalShotExplosionShort_Explosion.params
Parameter/NormalShotMsn0Lv2.params
Parameter/NormalShotNormal.params
Parameter/NormalShotQuickLong.params
Parameter/NormalShotRvl0Lv3.params
Parameter/NormalShotTripleMiddle.params
Parameter/NpcAssistantTshirts.params
Parameter/Npc_IdolB_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Obj_AreaGate.params
Parameter/Obj_CylinderKingBallBig.params
Parameter/Obj_GateManhole_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Obj_Geyser.params
Parameter/Obj_SighterTarget_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Obj_Tree00_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Obj_Tree02_AnmItp.params
Parameter/Obj_ZakoPointUFO.params
Parameter/PaintingLift.params
Parameter/PlayerMake.camera.params
Parameter/Player_Spec_Attack_Up.params
Parameter/Player_Spec_JumpTime_Save.params
Parameter/Player_Spec_SpecialIncrease_Up.params
Parameter/Plaza_Demo_LookBackstreet.camera.params
Parameter/Plaza_Demo_LookManhole.camera.params
Parameter/Plaza_FestBoardLookOut.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Default_DRC.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_Amida00_DRC.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_Athletic00_DRC.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_Crank01_DRC.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_Jyoheki00_TV.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_Maze00_TV.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_Ruins00_DRC.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_ShootingRange_DRC.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_SkatePark00_TV.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_UpDown00_DRC.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_Fld_Warehouse00_DRC.camera.params
Parameter/PostGame_StageView_TestField218_DRC.camera.params
Parameter/PreGame_PlayerView_Default_Friend.camera.params
Parameter/PreGame_StageView.camera.params
Parameter/RollerCompact.params
Parameter/RollerHeavy.params
Parameter/RollerNormal.params
Parameter/ShopDefault.camera.params
Parameter/Trap.params
Parameter/World_AllClearDemo_RailKingPilotCloseUp.camera.params
Parameter/World_AreaOpenDemo.camera.params
Parameter/World_FirstEntryDemo_Commander.camera.params
Parameter/World_StaffRollObjEntryDemo.camera.params
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "SARCPack.py", line 99, in <module>
main()
File "SARCPack.py", line 96, in main
test.pack(sys.argv[1], 0x100)
File "SARCPack.py", line 37, in pack
for x in xrange(numfiles):
NameError: name 'xrange' is not defined

Does it need the "pad" value? What is that anyway? I read README.txt, and it said something about different padding values, but I don't know which one I should use. Excuse me for my lack of knowledge; the only kind of programming I know is 65816 and 80186 assembly.

Espozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SARCTools requires Python 2.7 to run. It is incompatible with Python 3.
Okay. I downloaded Python 2.7 and the program ran with an outputted file that I used to replace Static.pack, but the game froze again. Just looking at the difference between the replacement Static.pack that was generated and the original Static.pack, I can definitely see why there's a problem:

The new file is 11,644,928 bytes...
While the original is 14,102,528 bytes.

All I did is change the parameter for roller movement speed, so I don't have a clue how that could have happened. I'm assuming this has to do with "padding"?

Mario10095

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I downloaded Python 2.7 and the program ran with an outputted file that I used to replace Static.pack, but the game froze again. Just looking at the difference between the replacement Static.pack that was generated and the original Static.pack, I can definitely see why there's a problem:

The new file is 11,644,928 bytes...
While the original is 14,102,528 bytes.

All I did is change the parameter for roller movement speed, so I don't have a clue how that could have happened. I'm assuming this has to do with "padding"?
When I did this I had to hex-edit the pack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp