Gaming Splatoon controls...I suck without motion..help

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think you can use a WUPC + Wiimote if you are playing by yourself. You can, however, use this combination when you have a friend that you can play Local Battle Dojo (1 vs. 1) matches with.

Oh, that´s right! Forgot it was for local co-op only.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can´t use Wiimote + Nunchuk. The only motion controls are with the Gamepad, using its gyro to aim, or with a gimmicky WUPC + Wiimote combination.

Maybe Nintendo will release an update and provide proper motion controls for splatoon, then I might think about buying it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I don't think you can use a WUPC + Wiimote if you are playing by yourself. You can, however, use this combination when you have a friend that you can play Local Battle Dojo (1 vs. 1) matches with.
Yep only playable offline with the worst mode of all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe Nintendo will release an update and provide proper motion controls for splatoon, then I might think about buying it.
And add the god damn map to the TV screen.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can´t use Wiimote + Nunchuk. The only motion controls are with the Gamepad, using its gyro to aim, or with a gimmicky WUPC + Wiimote combination.
Speaking of the latter, I have actually tried this, and it works pretty great, but it seems like an odd feature to include. Since it's undocumented too I guess it can be considered an easter egg more so than a feature. Would make more sense if there was an addon to attach the Wiimote to the WUPC. Maybe they're planning on making one.

You should give it a try. It actually works great.
I would love the ability to use a Wiimote+Nunchuk to play the game, but it would make it impossible to turn and aim at the same time (remember how Metroid Prime 3 controlled?) and it would in general just give you a disadvantage against gamepad players.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're aware that Splatoon costs $60 in US, aren't you? Too much for such an incomplete game.

Maybe if he can try it out at a kiosk then I don't see why not.

Sure, I wasn't asking him to buy it. Just if he knows anyone that has it, or he sees a demo somewhere he should give it a try.

I think Splatoon will be worth its cost when it´s "finished". It is fact that they released an incomplete game, proof of this are all the weapons and stages that were already completed, but they cut them out only to release periodically during the first weeks.

This "fake hype" is good? Bad? I can´t say. I think every game should come complete with what the developers managed to finish. On the other side, I played Splatoon for hours on launch week until I got bored. Weeks later, I started it only to download the updates, but all the new content that had piled up made me want to play again.

We, who bought the game near launch, have all the right to bash its "incompleteness", but the price won´t go down soon and I believe it will be a good game with all the future updates (since its sales were good and the developers are promising to support it for a long time).

TL;DR: All who are playing now are beta testers who paid $60 for a game that has potential, but haven´t fully achieved it (yet). But hey, the game is fun and its DLC is not like Capcom ones, so at least we have that.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think Splatoon will be worth its cost when it´s "finished". It is fact that they released an incomplete game, proof of this are all the weapons and stages that were already completed, but they cut them out only to release periodically during the first weeks.

This "fake hype" is good? Bad? I can´t say. I think every game should come complete with what the developers managed to finish. On the other side, I played Splatoon for hours on launch week until I got bored. Weeks later, I started it only to download the updates, but all the new content that had piled up made me want to play again.

We, who bought the game near launch, have all the right to bash its "incompleteness", but the price won´t go down soon and I believe it will be a good game with all the future updates (since its sales were good and the developers are promising to support it for a long time).

TL;DR: All who are playing now are beta testers who paid $60 for a game that has potential, but haven´t fully achieved it (yet). But hey, the game is fun and its DLC is not like Capcom ones, so at least we have that.
I don't mind them releasing new content periodically, because as you say it makes me want to keep playing. Although the thing I want the most right now is more game modes. It would help me not get bored of the game if I could switch it up a little when I get bored of the regular game mode.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

I paid £22 for the sucker and even then I feel disappointed that it didn't took too much to get bored of it. So ever since I got Yoshi's Woolly World on June 24 I've not touched Splatoon and nor wil I for many months till the damn thing is complete with another online mode and no stupid map restrictions.. guess this won't happen. :-/

I hope Nintendo is still thinking about releasing one last DLC pack for Mario Kart 8. :(

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't mind them releasing new content periodically, because as you say it makes me want to keep playing. Although the thing I want the most right now is more game modes. It would help me not get bored of the game if I could switch it up a little when I get bored of the regular game mode.

Can´t believe they still didn´t release a mode focused on splatting others instead of splatting the floor! Although I prefer to focus on painting and only kill to defend myself, I see most of the players get out of base hungry for squid blood, there sure is a demand for a mode like this.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Can´t believe they still didn´t release a mode focused on splatting others instead of splatting the floor! Although I prefer to focus on painting and only kill to defend myself, I see most of the players get out of base hungry for squid blood, there sure is a demand for a mode like this.
"Splat or be Splattered" (Free-for-All) would be awesome!

If they'd make this mode available I'd play Splatoon asap cause I'm tired of the current modes.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the feedback guys. For now I will stick with motion controls and try and get more coordinated and learn to use the Y button.

I have an idea that might satisfy WiiCube. MK8 mode with 360* turrets and items blocks change your weapon. Would at least make battle mode more interesting. :)

Reactions: Firehead03

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i jumped in Splatoon yesterday. Fun game but the controls are its biggest flaw. Motion works best for me, but obviously is frustrating. Sticks do not feel like normal shooter stick controls though, its REALLY difficult to use sticks for me.

I plan on just playing with motion. I did pretty good last night too for only playing like 30 minutes - I kept getting the highest or 2nd highest score on the team (level 20 people are too damn good).

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Using dual sticks for a shooter is inferior to almost every other control method in every way. Sure, you can get good at it, but a good player with some well designed motion controls or a keyboard and mouse will destroy someone using sticks lol.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Using dual sticks for a shooter is inferior to almost every other control method in every way. Sure, you can get good at it, but a good player with some well designed motion controls or a keyboard and mouse will destroy someone using sticks lol.
Last I read Splatoon is just a normal game not to be taken seriously nor is it part of eSports. It'd be embarrassing if it were because it doesn't deserve due to how restrictive the fucking game is.

Reactions: KingBlank

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jostick and mouse is what I prefer. From what I've seen, they didn't implement any form of aim assist in Splatoon, which is needed for shooters being aimed with an analog stick. Though, it might not be that big of a deal since the focus doesn't seem to be killing each other, but rather painting everything. Still, they should have implemented some form of aim assist for those that prefer the analog stick over gyro control. Yeah, gyro control is more accurate, but it's not nearly as comfortable for me.

Reactions: KingBlank

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM