Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmesis Doodle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are fairly aware that the colors they chose come for a multitude of reasons, aren't you?
Some aren't in to make sure to not be confused for blood or such, some aren't in because they could provide a certain advantage in regarda of contrast to one team more then the other.
You could for one second, instead of whining about it think about why some just aren't in.
As far as the banning is concerned i think it is more about the principle for nintendo, which does seem a bit extreme, but to be fair, they are dealing with hackers, piracy and people destroying onlineexperiences all over the place, can you really blame them for not looking at WHAT kind of hack you use? They probably ban any irregularity without a second thought, and it is their right.

- Quick and Dirty with TT -

Okay, okay. Yes, I do know I sounded whiny, but, I kinda didn't mean things like red, white, or black, with their obvious reasons. But maybe different colors other than bright colors? I kinda feel like Nintendo could've made it so if you and your friends made a squid squad, you could actually choose the color of your squad (Pre-picked colors, of course). I kinda did like how white looked in the game, since it was more snow/milk-like. Maybe if they added greyscale colors, black would be a dark grey, dark, but still bright enough to properly see. White could still look like white, but slightly grayer. And, yes, all of your points are on-point for the hacking for the game. It just kinda irks me that they haven't released any info on being Octolings for real in the game, which would probably reduce a majority of the hacking found in the game's servers. I do find it incredibly sad to see these hackers on YouTube managing to somehow have the Squid Research Lab gear, and then they doing videos on hacked Amiibos. Yes, it seems cool to see a perfect Octoling Amiibo, but still. It can ruin the game for others and make them not wish to play. Argh- I'm rambling, like usual. Okay, I'm gonna stop now.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well as for the colors all the suggestions would mean slight disadvantages. They deliberately chose bright, neonlike colors because they stand out on both ink and players in EVERY scenario on the stages. Take a more greyish color or something in the vain of brown and you wont see someone jump from buildings as a squid.
Take a dark color and you will have serious delay in seeing ink on the minimap in critical situations. Sure they look cool and the differences aren't too huge but it would make for unbalancing and while very subconscious it is all based on actual science.
About the Octolings i am still convinced they where at no points meant to be playermodels and are just interchangeable because the octovalley octolings are nothing but AI-players and therefore they don't owe anyone putting them in as a feature, it would even ruin the lore so far.
And last but not least, what a child do i need to be to be hooked to a game, really have fun on it, then see people find and use data in the game i feel like i couldn't access and SUDDENLY the fun is ruined? They didn't actively change ANYTHING on my experience...

PM me if you need ellaboration.

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Well as for the colors all the suggestions would mean slight disadvantages. They deliberately chose bright, neonlike colors because they stand out on both ink and players in EVERY scenario on the stages. Take a more greyish color or something in the vain of brown and you wont see someone jump from buildings as a squid.
Take a dark color and you will have serious delay in seeing ink on the minimap in critical situations. Sure they look cool and the differences aren't too huge but it would make for unbalancing and while very subconscious it is all based on actual science.
About the Octolings i am still convinced they where at no points meant to be playermodels and are just interchangeable because the octovalley octolings are nothing but AI-players and therefore they don't owe anyone putting them in as a feature, it would even ruin the lore so far.
And last but not least, what a child do i need to be to be hooked to a game, really have fun on it, then see people find and use data in the game i feel like i couldn't access and SUDDENLY the fun is ruined? They didn't actively change ANYTHING on my experience...

PM me if you need ellaboration.

The Octos are still a tad broken, they where just lazy when making the game. I only used eye bleading enducing super bright colors. IE: FF00FF

whitepik101

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question:

Will I get banned if I use this?
I really want to use this but I don't want to get banned from splatoon

whitepik101

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish Nintendo allowed the use of custom colors (colours) even if they don't implement it as a feature.
I don't think they should ban people for making an aesthetic change to the game.
I think they should have a custom color (colour) option for the private matches.
But that may just be me.

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't get the colours from the game even with this latest update of the colouriser. Trying to get the Splatfest colours.

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The wiki won't have the values from the game and we can't exactly colour-pick the neutral.
Is there even a way to extract the splatfest colours as they are?

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I attempted using the latest version on a non splatfest day: the colours are coming up as being in the game (so my white is shown as being in the game on the program) but the game itself shows no changes even when I change between the sr and the equip screen.
eu version btw

I'm speculating because it might be writing to the wrong location what the colour to change to is. Because the program can connect, and it CAN see the colours in the game, but the game's just not showing it visually.

Last edited by pinkupi13,

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok I attempted using the latest version on a non splatfest day: the colours are coming up as being in the game (so my white is shown as being in the game on the program) but the game itself shows no changes even when I change between the sr and the equip screen.
eu version btw

I'm speculating because it might be writing to the wrong location what the colour to change to is. Because the program can connect, and it CAN see the colours in the game, but the game's just not showing it visually.
Interesting...

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Another point to note is when the game starts and I've put nothing, there's just black when I press "get colours" I'm thinking that maybe there's something invalid and I'm not going to the right spot?

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Another point to note is when the game starts and I've put nothing, there's just black when I press "get colours" I'm thinking that maybe there's something invalid and I'm not going to the right spot?
I had the exact same thing on a previous version.
I just switched to another payload fpr gecko (in my case from selfhost and hbl to loadiine.ovh) and suddenly it worked.
Everything else was the very same deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: