Misc SpillPassPi v2 (For the Raspberry Pi 2)

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also specific adapters only apply to the wireless device. like i said im using a TP link from 2009 which is a TN WN271 which works out the price of a PI online

Also these are a thing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-USB...334140?hash=item58d1b3a7fc:g:bB8AAOSw8-tWVCsG
Hey, that thing is pretty cool. You can save 15 bucks, which starts to make the price difference more substantial. Then it'd be worth it to pass on the better hardware/repurposability of a pi2b and buy pi0. It feels possible that the price could be

* $5 -- pi0
* $5 -- that adapter you sent which provides normal usb ports + ethernet
* $15 -- specific spillpass compatible wifi adapter
* $2 -- microusb cable (assuming we can skimp on power supply and instruct the user to run off a normal usb port at half an amp... this is iffy)
* $4 -- 4gb microsd card
total: $31

compare to current cost

* $38 -- pi2b
* $15 -- specific spillpass compatible wifi adapter
* $9 -- 2 amp power supply
* $4 -- 4gb microsd card
total: $66

I'll mention it to Jack, but needless to say, until the pi0 hype dies down a little and they get back in stock, we can't test anything.

Reactions: izy

JackyD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take a look at it with Logg. If it looks doable, I'll see if we can get our hands on one.

Reactions: logg

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday my Pi0 arrived. Just the heads up if you gonna try it you need the latest raspbian version to boot it. It apperently doesn't work with older versions.

SamuelHenderson

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask for some assistance (I saw something about an IRC channel somewhere but I didn't get the details).

I've got a SpillPass set up that was working great for over a year (Raspberry Pi Model B / rev 2 + Belkin 150N [F6D4050]). I've been using NZ@McD1 as SSID and didn't bother turning on any security. It worked extremely well getting 6 or so passes ever 5 minutes or so.

The last time I noticed it working was just over a month ago. I stopped using the 3DS until yesterday. I noticed it wasn't getting the streetpasses. I rebooted the Pi, still no streetpasses. I tried to connect to NZ@McD1 on my laptop and got a message saying it was unable to connect to the access point. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be able to connect to and use NZ@McD1 as a normal wireless network right? I seem to remember being able to do that in the past.)

Next I upgraded to SpillPass V2.1 for Pi 1. It boots up fine so after looking here and at http://homepass.info I decided to go with McDonalds Free WiFi as the SSID. and I think I even see my 3DS associating and then de-associating with it. Still no streetpasses though.

One thing I noticed is that during boot there is a message like "Unable to add wlan to bridge... Operation not supported" but I'm not sure if that means anything because I kind of think I remember seeing it before when the SpillPass was working fine.

gualala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great work =)
Just want to share my thoughts. For the development of raspberry pi zero version, would it be better to use those WiFi adapters that support concurrent (STATION+AP) mode so no USB-LAN adapters are needed - just one WiFi adapter would act as both client (connect to your current WiFi router) and AP (broadcasts homepass). I am not into Linux programming so I'm not sure how it could be done, but I read here that it can be done with the right chipset:
https://astroprint.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203641685-Which-WiFi-USB-dongles-are-supported-
So it is possible to omit the USB hub/LAN adapter and make it more compact.:)

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use tubehax DNS to prevent a 3DS update. Will spillpass work with that or does it need the nintendo update servers so run?

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is there any way to make Spillpass work with a D-Link DWA-171 (I believe it has a RTL8811AU chipset from Realtek). At first I tried to run PiPass, but that quit due to a driver error according to the log. Later I came over SpillPass and figured I would give it a go. The program seems to run. As in, it counts down time untill next Nintendo Zone (I assume). But there is no new networks available, and my N3DS does not seem to receive any pings, nor does the Nintendo Zone icon show.

I was hoping I didn't have to get a new USB dongle as I managed to get it it to work (for the same purpose) on my PC some time back.

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it's possible to use USB tethering. I don't have a router or modem, so the only thing that can connect the rasperry pi to the internet is with tethering or the Canakit Wifi adapter.

Carrot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone has it on their pi still, feel free to PM me! I can help get it off... It'd be cool to see if it's possible to modify the system to randomly generate StreetPass instances or something like that. Idk how hard that'd be though....

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If someone has it on their pi still, feel free to PM me! I can help get it off... It'd be cool to see if it's possible to modify the system to randomly generate StreetPass instances or something like that. Idk how hard that'd be though....
Your posting to a thread from 2016, and which nintendo already shut down the relay stations. Have you read https://gbatemp.net/threads/streetpass-2-rise-from-the-ashes.526749/ ? Its going to be the closest you get without heavy reverse engineering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(