Misc SpillPassPi v2 (For the Raspberry Pi 2)

Astrogoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating the MAC list is the only bad thing in this very neat program. If I'm playing a Mii Plaza game I want to see the same people over and over so they are all level 7 and kick butt. To get that I use the default MAC list. When I want to try to collect rare Mii from small countries or small Japanese prefectures I use a custom MAC list. Mine has well over 700 MACs. It's slow because a lot of those MACs are bad or nobody ever goes to that store with a DS in their pocket. But it works. I got Alaska and Nagasaki today and Poland yesterday.

So, when v2.5 comes out maybe there could be a semi automated way to add MACs to the lists. That would be great!

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating the MAC list is the only bad thing in this very neat program. If I'm playing a Mii Plaza game I want to see the same people over and over so they are all level 7 and kick butt. To get that I use the default MAC list. When I want to try to collect rare Mii from small countries or small Japanese prefectures I use a custom MAC list. Mine has well over 700 MACs. It's slow because a lot of those MACs are bad or nobody ever goes to that store with a DS in their pocket. But it works. I got Alaska and Nagasaki today and Poland yesterday.

So, when v2.5 comes out maybe there could be a semi automated way to add MACs to the lists. That would be great!
You do have to load the whole file, but there's an MAC list editor in the web interface.

thedarkmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having issues with Spillpass 2, I am not getting any streepasses at all.
  • Pi is setup and working, can access the website on the local network
  • N3DS - latest firmware
  • Can access the internet/eShop via the wifi hotspot it creates.
  • Currently it is using this wifi hotspot as its only connection
  • The MAC access has been added and is "seen" by the Pi
  • Leaved lid of the 3DS closed for 10min... no passes seen.
Help?

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues with Spillpass 2, I am not getting any streepasses at all.
  • Pi is setup and working, can access the website on the local network
  • N3DS - latest firmware
  • Can access the internet/eShop via the wifi hotspot it creates.
  • Currently it is using this wifi hotspot as its only connection
  • The MAC access has been added and is "seen" by the Pi
  • Leaved lid of the 3DS closed for 10min... no passes seen.
Help?

run ifconfig and make sure br0's HWaddr matches what it says in the web interface.

Tutsumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Can SpillPass work to provide Nintendo Zone event things? Say like Hoopa from the upcoming McDonalds promotion for Pokemon? I see that NbaHomePass has it working and is getting ready for a new release for it.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked into it, this article claims that the method of distribution is not currently known: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/29/na-pokemon-hoopa-to-be-distributed-in-mcdonalds/

If it is distributed via nintendo zone, it should work (although I was under the impression that the nintendo zone viewer service was discontinued? (http://en-americas-support.nintendo...d/12564/~/nintendo-zone-viewer-service-update). Nintendo zones used to function with spillpass, and they still do (wifi hotspots at mcdonald's still exist, they just don't distribute via nintendo zone viewer service), as long as you know the MAC of a real nintendo zone and add that to your MAC list (You can force it by making that the only MAC in your custom list), but I haven't personally tried since the viewer service was disabled.

If it's distributed via mystery code (like pokemon have been before at other locations), then spillpass will not help you, since it's for streetpassing at home.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can SpillPass work to provide Nintendo Zone event things? Say like Hoopa from the upcoming McDonalds promotion for Pokemon? I see that NbaHomePass has it working and is getting ready for a new release for it.

I just home passed the US Hoopa it just requires your SSID to be "McDonalds Free WiFi" and no encryption or specific MAC is needed.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
We are live people!

SpillPassPi v2.1 is now live for BOTH the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B as well as the original Pi Model B.

Follow the below link for download and instructions.

http://www.spillmonkey.com/?page_id=169

The image file for the original Pi Model B is on the legacy page.
Both images contain the same functionality.

Enjoy!

admin.png

spp2.png
I'm new to raspberry pi, what exactly is this??

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you do the ssid exactly with same capitalization. I saw on another forum some one state they had the capitalization wrong and it didn't work. Note I never had to manually connect the 3ds to the zones it just works on its own.
thats what happened. though i dont think AT&T's going to be happy . i just realised instead of staying as 1 SpillPassPi my Detected Device list on my Uverse Config page is Filled with "unknown################" (# being random MAC's it's using.)

Edit: is there a way to make the LAN MAC stay to 1 # but still cycle the Wireless adapter's MAC? seems AT&T No longer lets users remove inactive Devices from Uverse gateways and factory Resetting every weeks going to be really Annoying.

Last edited by Dracari,

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering. Is there any chance you are releasing a image for the Raspberry Pi Zero? Not certain if the Pi1 version works will test it when it arrives.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering. Is there any chance you are releasing a image for the Raspberry Pi Zero? Not certain if the Pi1 version works will test it when it arrives.
yeah it sounds good its a nice cheap solution im just wondering how to get it to have an ethernet input since it doesnt have one by default

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pi1 version works, I use it. Pi zero would cost about $50 in adapters to get spillpass working (maybe only $45 if we can skimp on the power supply), which means a savings of about $10 over pi1b or pi2b (assuming you're buying everything from scratch).

Even though pi0 costs $5 and pi2b costs $38, the savings (for the purpose of spillpass) are not that much. In my opinion, if you want to get it just for spillpass, you should get the pi2b so that later (if you become disinterested in homepassing) you can get better utility out of it for a different purpose.

Last edited by logg,
Reactions: Azel

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The pi1 version works, I use it. Pi zero would cost about $50 in adapters to get spillpass working (maybe only $45 if we can skimp on the power supply), which means a savings of about $10 over pi1b or pi2b (assuming you're buying everything from scratch).

Even though pi0 costs $5 and pi2b costs $38, the savings (for the purpose of spillpass) are not that much. In my opinion, if you want to get it just for spillpass, you should get the pi2b so that later (if you become disinterested in homepassing) you can get better utility out of it for a different purpose.

got spare chargers/got spare sd cards/ ethernet adapter is £2-3 and i also have working wifi adapters from 2009 tplink. oh yeah hdi adapter

so 15 dollars :P.

its cheaper than that for me at least its just getting a PI 0 in stock. the hard part
even so sd cards cost AIR atm for smaller sizes and a cheap wifi adapter is easy to get from ebay so shave some more either way its cheap

until then i got my hands on a HP mini 210 just waiting for the charger to arrive to setup it as pass

Last edited by izy,

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got spare chargers/got spare sd cards/ ethernet adapter is £2-3 and i also have working wifi adapters from 2009 tplink. oh yeah hdi adapter

so 15 dollars :P.

its cheaper than that for me at least its just getting a PI 0 in stock. the hard part
even so sd cards cost AIR atm for smaller sizes and a cheap wifi adapter is easy to get from ebay so shave some more either way its cheap

until then i got my hands on a HP mini 210 just waiting for the charger to arrive to setup it as pass

you need a dual usb otg cable (or otg cable plus usb hub) ($5), and a usb ethernet adapter ($15). Typically a user wouldn't have these lying around. The Pi0 is more like a conventional microcontroller where you're wanting to include it in some electronics project. Getting it to work with spillpass requires adapters worth more than 10x the cost of the computer. I'm not really seeing the advantage.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you need a dual usb otg cable (or otg cable plus usb hub) ($5), and a usb ethernet adapter ($15). Typically a user wouldn't have these lying around. The Pi0 is more like a conventional microcontroller where you're wanting to include it in some electronics project. Getting it to work with spillpass requires adapters worth more than 10x the cost of the computer. I'm not really seeing the advantage.

Actually the advantage of the PI0 comes from its size,price and power consumtion. Its requires 160ma power and if you disable hdmi etc it drops significantly.

Also specific adapters only apply to the wireless device. like i said im using a TP link from 2009 which is a TN WN271 which works out the price of a PI online

See here they dropped it to 30ma input to the point they are considering solar power
http://www.midwesternmac.com/blogs/jeff-geerling/raspberry-pi-zero-conserve-energy

Also these are a thing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-USB...334140?hash=item58d1b3a7fc:g:bB8AAOSw8-tWVCsG

My main concern is case design obviously it will be very small but im hoping the adapter is roughly the same length as the pi zero if not smaller
i would then have to turn it so the usbs were vertically like on the more costly hubs.
61kGTG8fIXL._SY355_.jpg

most micro usbs these days have ample enough power for pendrives to be powered. we just need to see how well it would play with 1 ethernet(which barely drawns and a low power wifi usb adapter)

But hey that is what the spillpass is meant to be a small portable homepass client
needless to say i cannot test this until i recieve a PI0 too bad i live in UK and in NI so no stock anywhere QQ. but this would be great for events local to me involving games we even have 24hour stay overs monthly.

Until then i am waiting for my netbook charger to arrive at least its 20w power consumption is only max draw T_T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay