ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

bokkobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i was wondering if anyone could help me out with something

im wanting to swap models in the game, like taking furniture that already exists (tall lantern, patched couch, etc) and being able to put it outside by replacing it with a pwp (or maybe even making it separate pwp if possible?). specifically, right now im trying to take the wheat field furniture and swap it with yellow lilies so i can have a field in my town. ive tried renaming the file like you would with villagers but it doesnt work, it still stays the same name. would just making a new outside item work (though i dont know how i'd get it to spawn)? i was wondering if anyone had any luck or tried this? thank you

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the latter, but the former sounds easier. What's the QR code for the temp keyboard?

Seems like I made a mistake. There isn't a publicly available QR code but it's not hard to develop one. I believe someone posted the offset in the thread already, you just have to dig through 50 pages to find it. YOu can also modify it in-game if you're running NTR CFW

hello, i was wondering if anyone could help me out with something

im wanting to swap models in the game, like taking furniture that already exists (tall lantern, patched couch, etc) and being able to put it outside by replacing it with a pwp (or maybe even making it separate pwp if possible?). specifically, right now im trying to take the wheat field furniture and swap it with yellow lilies so i can have a field in my town. ive tried renaming the file like you would with villagers but it doesnt work, it still stays the same name. would just making a new outside item work (though i dont know how i'd get it to spawn)? i was wondering if anyone had any luck or tried this? thank you

This thread is for ram editing, but your request requires rom editing. Check the rom hacking thread
https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-new-leaf-rom-hacking.401093/

Last edited by DesuIsSparta,
Reactions: bokkobo

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a new3dsXL running 9.2 sysnand and 10.7 emunand. How would I go about extracting my acnlram.bin from my cia or .3ds rom?

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In theory couldn't someone write an NTR code to dump mid-game?
Either way, why do you want someone else' town? Isn't half the fun of ACNL making something yourself?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In theory couldn't someone write an NTR code to dump mid-game?
Either way, why do you want someone else' town? Isn't half the fun of ACNL making something yourself?

Simple, I wanted to troll this streamer and have him visit a replica of his town. lol

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh.. I see--
Well, your best bet again would be to look into finding someone to make a ram dumping NTR plugin. Though I'm no expert in ACNL hacking so maybe there's an easier way. There's plenty of experts around here.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, it's very simple. Dump the ram, save the region, and just overwrite it with your town's ram, and then enter a building, and save. It should work just fie,

I manage to dump the ram using gateway. I got a file 00000000.bin and it's 55mb. So how do I reinject them back into my gateway .3ds acnl rom?

Last edited by cooroxd,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed ntr cia onto my emunand and load up my acnl from my gateway red card. While ingame, I pulled up the ntr menu. I see the ntr debugger, i pressed it and the bottom touch screen mirrors my top screen. I don't see a ram dump option, so how do I dump the ram with ntr?

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I manage to dump the ram using gateway. I got a file 00000000.bin and it's 55mb. So how do I reinject them back into my gateway .3ds acnl rom?

If you made a ram dump, then all you did was take a raw grab at the available memory. The game doesn't know how to inject ram, and nor do programs since ram is constantly changing (it is random access afterall). So you'd have to write a program that does it, or do it manually (which will take a helluva long time to do for a town 'copy').

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto